Half shafts

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Who sells/makes stronger than oem options?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'm running the Accufab option, some believe they are better than the Ford replacement.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you mean the halfshaft, not the bolts, the only ones I have seen are sold by the FGT owner in FL that has the 2nd fastest FGT in the mile, but it was the fastest at a NASA runway when no other FGTs showed up.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I guess I misunderstood the question.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
FYI - I have an OEM halfshaft brand new in the box if needed.

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Driveshaft Shop. They made me a set 3 years ago. Talk to Ron

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Are you breaking them? The issue I fear is when you make a component stronger, it transfers the weak link somewhere else. I'd rather loose a half shaft over the gear box. just a 2c comment...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Of course that should always be considered.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Are you breaking them? The issue I fear is when you make a component stronger, it transfers the weak link somewhere else. I'd rather loose a half shaft over the gear box. just a 2c comment...

I broke my stock one doing a 6000 rpm clutch drop at the Mile. Nothing else was damaged. Put a set from Performance Products in and have done many other clutch drops with no issues to anything.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

I second those thoughts as well. When "systems" are designed (as in our drive system in total) part of the design process is to consider "weak link" failures in terms of safety and cost. Knowing the level of design effort that went into our cars from an engineering design perspective, I would think this aspect of the system was certainly considered. And just because you have not seen a downstream failure yet, does not mean you have a free ride....

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I broke one then replaced both with OEM units. Small price to pay for 40k miles of use and over 1000WHP/900WTQ for 4 years.