Gulf and Tungsten Paint Jobs

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a few photos from the press releases for the new 06 colors. I'm sure the Gulf will command a premium past the cost of the paint job, even though it's the color I'd least likely drive on the street. It'd look neat on the track though.

ford_gt_heritage_01.jpg

ford_gt_heritage_03.jpg

fordgt06_01.jpg

fordgt06_06.jpg

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Those stripes on the Tungsten look almost, uhm, "quiet". Its like, "stripes for the undecided". I'd like to see some bold black stripes, but whatevah. Tungsten really brings out the lines....

The Gulf theme makes me wanna barf, can't see it at all.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
So will there be an 07 model year @ all?

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
50 BMG said:

they said they were shuting down production in 07 but they haven't denied that they may make some in 07.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
50 BMG said:

No.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Thanks for pics. Gulf colors look horrible. They were fine in the 1960's. The tungsten and stripe are for those that like understated color schemes. Its the closest to silver with white stripes that I have seen.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
The gulf is an acquired taste...Thats the color I have ordered :)

I think there are 2 sides to it...I have always loved the gulf cars and in the end I think they will probably be some of the least produced colors...I know they can only do 10% of the cars for 06' in Gulf.

Mine will be driven so the blue streak running around Dallas will be me :)

Matt :banana

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Well, Matt, it sure does have that retro feel to it, gotta admit that! That would really look dramatic going around TWS or TMS!

SMLDONZI

Sep 27, 2005
NE OH/SW VA
The tungsten would look great without stripes I think. Beautiful color for a beautiful car. Anyone who likes this car has to appreciate the gulf scheme--hats off to Ford for offering it.