Gtx1 Wheels/tires

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
I know that wheels/tires have been discussed at length on the Forum, but wanted to specifically ask GTX1 owners what they are using on their cars, as the GTX1 is lowered from the FGT coupe and may not accommodate standard coupe tire sizes, or may benefit from different sizes. I have a deposit on a GTX1--more about that when the deal is done--and will be getting new wheels and tires of my choosing. I would like to make as informed a choice as I can based on actual experiences of GTX1 owners. Initially I am leaning toward the factory upgrade 18/19 rims (but can't decide if Shelby's chromed rims would look good on this car), but would certainly appreciate any and all thoughts. Looking forward to joining the ranks of FGT and GTX1 owners very soon. :biggrin

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Welcome Don and congrats on your purchase:cheers

I run the stock set-up so I can't help with your question. The GTX is lowered at least an inch and there hasn't been any issues. Hope that helps some.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Hi Don,

I hope your deal goes smoothly! Give the GT Guys a call. They currently have my car and can give you some insight on different options. Are you getting an already completed X1?

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations Don. My recommendation would be to take delivery of the car the way it's presently set up and get a feel for changes that would better suit your needs and desires. I assume a conscious decision was made to lower the car you are buying because the GTX1 conversion did not include lowering the car unless the client wanted that option. If the car has any performance upgrades, or you plan any, you may discover you need stickier tires. I put Michelin PS2's on stock wheels in a combination that provides better traction, more speed and lower ride height : 345/30ZR19 and 245/40ZR18. :cheers