GTX1 Registration in Europe

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Did somebody register a GTX1 in an European country ??

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Stevo, I believe you will be the first.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
I tried to... At least here in Germany - no chance for an official registration, as you will not get any official Ford documents (homologation) about this conversion, which will approve that e.g. the chassis integrity is still given as recommended by the TÜV/technical inspection authority (according to the local standards).

So that means you have to organize and pay all certificates and tests on your own to prove compliance with the standards and chassis integrity. That paper work and tests to satisfy the TÜV (if finally possible) could cost about 20-40.000€ with open end. But maybe Monaco is different :wink

Desi

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would think with the new ECC regulations if another member of the EEC licensed the car that Germany would be forced to license it as well... guess not.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
You'd think so wouldn't you? However Europe is a mess, full of unelected overpaid bureaucrats - nobody understands what laws govern us now, the British Parliament seems to be regularly over-ruled by the faceless suits in Brussels and Strasbourg.

Hello?

I'm turning into a grumpy old git! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You'd think so wouldn't you? However Europe is a mess, full of unelected overpaid bureaucrats - nobody understands what laws govern us now, the British Parliament seems to be regularly over-ruled by the faceless suits in Brussels and Strasbourg.

Hello?

I'm turning into a grumpy old git! :lol

Welcome to MY world. I've never understood how it is that the "World Court" figures (for instance) it has the authority to override/overrule/trump whomever, wherever, WHENever. It's a darn good thing the U.S. Supreme Court felt otherwise as far as we're concerned over here. The very idea that FOREIGNERS should be allowed to dictate what OUR laws could/should/WILL BE is just a totally ridiculous concept on the face of it. (It's a darn good thing our Supreme Court isn't ENTIRELY made up of Ruth Bader Ginsbergs or it undoubtedly WOULD HAVE sided with The Hague!)

...And then there's that little matter of the UPPITTY EU telling Microsoft what it can and cannot do in their markets over there! :lol :lol :lol :cheers

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Thks to all of u guys. Mr David Jones from Roush UK is very confident to pass a UK Single Vehicle Approval test. If the UK test is passed I guess I cud register the car anywhere in Europe...

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
If the UK test is passed I guess I cud register the car anywhere in Europe...
I wouldn't bet on that. For example, the GT's that went to Germany had a lot more stuff exhaust wise done to them than the UK cars. It'll still be country by country.....

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
I wouldn't bet on that. For example, the GT's that went to Germany had a lot more stuff exhaust wise done to them than the UK cars. It'll still be country by country.....

Indeed... and Stevo let me know what Roush will ask for that "favour" :wink
Desi

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Roush has a "EU conversion package" at a cost of GBP 4755 incl VAT !
a part of the 101 GT imported to EU were converted by Roush UK.
All administrative burdens will certainly increase the value of the car:wink

Indeed... and Stevo let me know what Roush will ask for that "favour" :wink
Desi

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
We were happy not being integrated in EU. Things were so ez in Monaco... I used to buy non-imported US cars and register them in a few days. Now, facing bureaucracy and EU laws that nobody understands...

20REV

Dec 6, 2007
South Lincolnshire
I have to say that I was under the impression that a guy in Belgium had already bought a GTX1. I was considering having my GT go topless and thought of sending it back to the States for conversion. In the end the whole thing was getting very complicated and I didnt bother.
Dave Jones at Roush though is definitely the man to talk to if you want answers. He also dealt with the German cars and will probably know every countries requirements for the EU as Roush dealt with all the 101 cars.
Nick

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Export X1's according to my list 1 to Canada. 4 were to go to Kuwait but have never been shipped, or completed. 1 to Thailand not sure if that one ever left or was completed. The one to Monaco is the first to the European Continent. I've been trying to keep the list up. If anyone knows of cars that have changed hands I would appreciate a "heads up". :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I was under the impression that Roush UK modified the cars at Brentwood, Essex, for use in England. Howver, the European cars were modified by Roush at the Capricorn homologation center established by Ford and Roush at the Nurburgring in Germany.

Reference: "Ford GT - Then, and Now" by Adrian Streather, pages 131-139.

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Tks a lot. I'll contact them

I was under the impression that Roush UK modified the cars at Brentwood, Essex, for use in England. Howver, the European cars were modified by Roush at the Capricorn homologation center established by Ford and Roush at the Nurburgring in Germany.

Reference: "Ford GT - Then, and Now" by Adrian Streather, pages 131-139.

willem

Ford GTX-1 Owner
Mar 22, 2009
The Netherlands
gtx1 registration in europe

I have registered my gtx-1 #20 tungsten in the Netherlands

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Welcome Willem. :cheers Was your X1 originally delivered to Georgia?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Willem, congradulations. I've updated the registry that I've kept up. Thank you for posting. If there is any info you need please feel free to P.M. me.

willem

Ford GTX-1 Owner
Mar 22, 2009
The Netherlands
Welcome Willem. :cheers Was your X1 originally delivered to Georgia?

yes, Palmer Dodge Inc. Rosswell Georgia

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Shelby #18
Is there any way we could have a list of GTX1 listed in the Ford GT Owners Registry?
Owner of GTX1 #21