I posted over on our sister site:

http://www.fordgt500forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31

:thumbsup

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I'm Curious why you bought this out of State and drove it back. My experience with the GT was no local dealers wanted to talk realistic money. Maybe this is just a Florida thing and there is too much money around here for real people to get real deals.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Beach-GT said:
I'm Curious why you bought this out of State and drove it back. My experience with the GT was no local dealers wanted to talk realistic money. Maybe this is just a Florida thing and there is too much money around here for real people to get real deals.

My experience with Floirida dealers was the same as yours. I first found this when I was looking for my Ford GT.

I ended up buying my GT from Freedom Ford in Hampton, VA after finding them on the Internet. When I bought my GT, part of the deal was that I could have their first Shelby, thus the return to VA.

My experiences with Freedom Ford have been so positive, that at this poiint I will always buy my Ford porducts from them.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Chris, at the looks of it a loaded convert. is way short of 50G's? Is that correct? Does the car have a limited production run? Will it run with a C6?
The wife is in need of a new car and we're looking a the new and used XK8's but this looks like it might be a fun option and still leave a few bucks in the checking. :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Oooop's just read another thread and got my production answer.

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
With equal drivers the GT500 vert should be out in front of the vette vert every time. It has a power/weight advantage. If it's too slow there are pulley already available. A bolt on GT500 should be in the 550-590rwhp range.