GT40 Wrist Watches

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
Does anyone own one of these particular watches? A gentleman by the name of Joe Fiorello, from a FordGT Facebook page, reached out to me with an offer to buy one of these. I love my watches but am very skeptical about something like this being just a way over priced novelty item, vice a nice commemorative edition timepiece, Especially at $4-5K. I do like the design, but because they are not necessarily a reputable brand watch, I'm very hesitant to take the leap. Thanks for any info you might have!

PRODUCT INFO

DIAMETER 45mm
STAINLESS STEEL CASE
WATER RESISTANCE 10 ATM
ETA 7750/Valjoux

Attachments

• GT40 Watches.jpg
    GT40 Watches.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No clue on that brand, but I can tell you that the ETA 7750/Valjoux movement is very well regarded and is used (or has been used) by IWC, Breitling, Panerai, Omega and many other brands. Not a super high end movement, but very reliable and serviceable. Just my 2c

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Kind of look like the watches on the Superformance website.

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Under “Parts”

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Kind of look like the watches on the Superformance website.

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
Yes, those are the same watches on the Superformance site.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
A couple guys started pushing those on Facebook a few months ago. Yes, they seem to be the same as those on Superformance with more color options. Sounds like they will be selling clothes and accessories soon as well. The watch is a little pricey, but interested to see what else they come up with.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No clue on that brand, but I can tell you that the ETA 7750/Valjoux movement is very well regarded and is used (or has been used) by IWC, Breitling, Panerai, Omega and many other brands. Not a super high end movement, but very reliable and serviceable. Just my 2c
For someone who’s not a watch guy. You seem pretty knowledgeable

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
For someone who’s not a watch guy. You seem pretty knowledgeable
Specracer knows a lot about many things. It doesn't surprise me he knows about watches. You should hang out with him more often Roketman.

Ed

Reactions: Special K