GT suspension recalls

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
I have just imported a 2005 GT into Switzerland and in the course of the last 4 days since taking delivery have clocked 225miles.The ride ,handling and perfomance are awesome viz a viz the Astons,Bentleys and the SLR I have.
I have however noticed on the GT a warning of the Gauge which keeps coming on and off.Having joined this forum recently I beleive other owners too have had similar problems attributable to either a tired battery or loose relay connections.
I also noticed that there was a suspension recall by Ford on earlier models amounting to approx. 250 cars where the suspension arms were changed.My cars cert.of origin has a date of 10 sept.04 and carries a vin no.1FAFP90S05Y400070. I would greatly appreciate if there is someone out there who knows if this is one of the cars which was part of the recall.I hope mine is not one of them---but who knows?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You can look back on the old threads regarding this, check the archives (at the end of the website page), and check the TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins), probably easiest to access from fordgtprices.com. Your car is a very low number and would fit into the suspension group, but all cars were supposedly repaired before sales while sitting at the dealership. More important is the oil leak with the sleeve fix. Also check previous threads and archives.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mine is #298 and was built 12/10/2004. It did have the suspension recall done on it before it left the factory so I'm sure yours did too. Don't let it bother you because the replacement billet aluminum arms are just as strong if not stronger than the later replacements that they run now. Everybody makes a bigger issue out of the Speedisleeve on the crankshaft that most early cars have but I've not seen any posts about them failing or leaking. Drive it like you stole it and don't worry about it.

Congratulations on your car and on having the lowest serial number I've seen!

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Piplani,

You may also want DBK to change your classification to "GT Owner". Enjoy your new ride!

Eric

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Piplani - congratulations on the car!

I used to live just over the border in Thonon-les-Bains many years ago - so know Switzerland quite well. Probably the least welcoming country on the planet for fast cars! Hope you manage to hang on to your license! :biggrin

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Many thanks.Have to be more than carefull to retain my licence.

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Done.

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
fjpikul said:
You can look back on the old threads regarding this, check the archives (at the end of the website page), and check the TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins), probably easiest to access from fordgtprices.com. Your car is a very low number and would fit into the suspension group, but all cars were supposedly repaired before sales while sitting at the dealership. More important is the oil leak with the sleeve fix. Also check previous threads and archives.
Many thanks.Checking it out.

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
TEXAS GT said:
Mine is #298 and was built 12/10/2004. It did have the suspension recall done on it before it left the factory so I'm sure yours did too. Don't let it bother you because the replacement billet aluminum arms are just as strong if not stronger than the later replacements that they run now. Everybody makes a bigger issue out of the Speedisleeve on the crankshaft that most early cars have but I've not seen any posts about them failing or leaking. Drive it like you stole it and don't worry about it.

Congratulations on your car and on having the lowest serial number I've seen!
I will take your advise and worry about the trouble if and when it comes.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piplani said:
I will take your advise and worry about the trouble if and when it comes.

Welcome, where in Switzerland do you come from? For years I worked for the Swiss firm, SCHENK

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
bony said:
Welcome, where in Switzerland do you come from? For years I worked for the Swiss firm, SCHENK
The bernese oberland.A small village called Melchnau,next to Langenthal.Great roads around here but very unfriendly police.

Dale

GT Owner
May 2, 2013
GT Suspension Recalls

I have just imported a 2005 GT into Switzerland and in the course of the last 4 days since taking delivery have clocked 225miles.The ride ,handling and perfomance are awesome viz a viz the Astons,Bentleys and the SLR I have.
I have however noticed on the GT a warning of the Gauge which keeps coming on and off.Having joined this forum recently I beleive other owners too have had similar problems attributable to either a tired battery or loose relay connections.
I also noticed that there was a suspension recall by Ford on earlier models amounting to approx. 250 cars where the suspension arms were changed.My cars cert.of origin has a date of 10 sept.04 and carries a vin no.1FAFP90S05Y400070. I would greatly appreciate if there is someone out there who knows if this is one of the cars which was part of the recall.I hope mine is not one of them---but who knows?

My understanding is the first 200 cars were shipped without the new A frames and recalled to the dealer for rework. My car was recalled as it was 155 and the A frames replaced by the local Ford dealer. I am pretty sure with #70 it would be in the recall. You can recognize the reworked A frames as they are milled and have tooling marks. With the speed we can drive, it is worth fixing if nothing else for resale. I would hope Ford would still do it free considering their liability issues. I have 38,000 miles and 3 tickets in mine and it is a blast. Have fun.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA

Attachments

• Back To The Future 1.jpg
    Back To The Future 1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 183

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Doc_Brown.JPG

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
5D3_6559.jpg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
?

Attachments

• Doc-marty_photo.jpg
    Doc-marty_photo.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 157

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Damn - you guys are mean to our new "posters" !!
ajb (andy)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not trying to be mean :lol

I am curious how this post came up though. Nearly 8 years to the day!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Nothing but a good-natured friendly forum ribbing going on here! :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Not trying to be mean :lol

I am curious how this post came up though. Nearly 8 years to the day!

A problem with the Forum's " inline flux capacitor"?