GT School March 3rd & 4th 2010

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I am looking at possible dates for the next GT School at Willow Springs International Raceway, Rosamond, CA.

At the moment I am considering March 3rd & 4th.

Anyone interested in this school please PM me asap so that I can lock in the dates. I am planning this just before the Mojave Mile event so that those interested can make it a mini motorsports vacation.

The first day of the GT School is on the Streets of Willow Springs course and the skid-pad. It stresses the basics and lets you explore the traction limitations of the GT in a very safe enviroment and relatively low speeds. The second day is on the Big Track at Willow Springs where a completely stock GT can hit about 150 mph on the front straight, so we really like you to do the Streets course the day before.

The two day course is $4,000 with a limit of 8 students maximum and 6 minimum. There will be at least one instructor for every two students. My chief instructor is Neil Hannemann, the chief engineer on the Ford GT project and a four time World Challenge Driver's Champion.

Richard Hille
The GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Okay, Well, we've had about 39 views so far and only one student signed up, so I think I'll have to can this school.

Richard Hille
The GT School

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Can you bring this school out to the East Coast ?

Ohio, Summit Point, VIR ???

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Frank,

We have considered bringing the GT School to several locations across the country. The logistics are daunting. It is not out of the question. Neil Hannemann has spoken to John Hennessey in the past about a Texas GT School. If we do it, it will be a slightly different school then we've been doing. Neil and I will fly in in my airplane and meet up with some local talent to choose our instructors. I will try to maintain the two day format with a lower speed track layout for day one and higher speed for day two.

If I get enough interest from the midwest and east coast GT owners we might do something later this year. Track availability and rental costs will be a major factor.

Richard Hille
The GT School

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Just saw your thread. Impossible then for me.

As a future Texas possibility, there is the old Webb AFB at Big Spring TX. For few years, A friend of mine ran CART team testing there and Porsche Club plays there now. CART friend is still in Midland running Mazda serries team. He can tell you all about Webb if you want to visit.

Not having a clue as to the logistics on your end, Midland could generate minimum 3 possibly 5 cars. Would all depend on timing.

But we could also travel anywhere in TX. Dallas/Houston areas must be better track options. Midland bunch is flexible.

Good luck.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Donny,

I raced at the Big Spring course in 1980 (won a trophy). That could be a useful venue for a Texas GT School. I will check into it and see if we can put something together.

How many Texas GT owners would be interested in a trip to Big Spring for a GT School?

By the way, I am flying into Houston tonight and will be there at a seminar for the next three days. Anyone interested in meeting for dinner, PM me and well try and get together.

Richard Hille
The GT School