GT Roundup in So Cal coming up soon

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
The Accufab GT Roundup is coming up soon, just a reminder to gas up and make plans to attend. This show & drag will be in conjunction with the Fun Ford Weekend event to be held October 21-22 at California Speedway in Fontana, CA. If you are in the So Cal (or Northern California, Vegas or Phoenix areas) you are going to want to be there for this deal. All of the Ford performance magazine folks will be there, as well as Ford Racing Performance Parts out of Dearborn with their big 18-wheeler. If you want to run your GT down the track you will be welcome to do so (bring your own helmet) and Accufab will be sponsoring the GT Ford Bracket Race on Sunday ($1000 to win, $500 runner-up and $250 each to the semi finalists). Or, if you just want to be in the GT Corral area of the pits and hang out with the other GT owners, you are welcome to do that too.

For additional information about the event, the schedule, the entry fee, etc., go to www.funfordevents.com and click on Event Schedule, then go on down to "4th Annual Pacific FFW Nationals" and look at the event information.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, I think I'll come just to be a "runner up" for $500 big ones. First sounds like a losing proposition at $100.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Wow, I think I'll come just to be a "runner up" for $500 big ones. First sounds like a losing proposition at $100.

Sounds like first place is a date with some girl. Second place is three dates with her.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think he meant $1000 guys :wink

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a typo (I fixed it). I meant to say $1000 to win. So sue me. I also forgot to mention that there is an additional $250 for the guys that finish 3rd and 4th.

On the other hand, I know that some of you might be lawyers. I was just joking about the "sue me" part.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You know, lawyers can have a sense of humor too. I think. Hmmm, let me check the medical textbooks on that one. Just couldn't pass on the typo.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Is there going to be a seperate parking area for the GT's or will we be scattered around?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
All the GT's coming to Fontana will be parked TOGETHER in the pit area, in the special "Accufab GT Corral". When you drive up to the ticket booth at Calif. Speedway, be sure and ask for a "race ticket" which will let you drive into the pit area, where you will be directed to the GT Corral. If you don't get a race ticket, you will be stuck in the spectator parking lot.

You know, I'm starting to worry a little about John Mihovetz. He now tells me that anyone bringing their GT to the Corral on Saturday, after the action subsides in the afternoon, will be invited to a nearby Go-Kart track, where the order of the day will be "drive it like you stole it", and the track owner will be looking the other way. John will be picking up the tab, but I have to warn you that Accufab (and how we got into this I will never know) has been responsible for rebuilding all of their Go-Kart engines recently. Naturally, John couldn't just rebuild them "stock". He has taken several of them (completly unknown to the tracdk owners) and given them special multi-angle valve jobs and ported, polished and milled .015" off the heads for more compression. John knows which Karts (by number) are so equipped, if you catch my drift here, LOL.

John's philosophy is "why screw up your GT when you can screw up someone elses Go Karts", words to live by obviously.

John is not well.