GT Round-up at California Speedway

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Just a reminder that Accufab will be hosting a "GT Round-up" at California Speedway (the NASCAR and Indy track facility) at Fontana on October 21-22. This will be in conjunction with the Fun Ford Weekend event.

All of the GT participants will be pitted in a special "GT Corral" in the pit area. There are a lot of GT's in the California, Nevada and Arizona areas so we will be looking for a ton of cars.

In addition to hanging out with a bunch of other GT owners, automotive magazine editors and Ford drag racers, your entry fee allows you to participate in an "all GT" bracket race on Sunday. In case you have always wanted to run your car down the drag strip and in case you are unsure about how to do it, John Mihovetz will be on hand to show you how. And to the winners go the spoils. John is going to be forking over $1,000 to the winner, $500 to the runner-up and to the semi finalists, $250 each. Imagine having some fun and getting paid to do it.

If you have any questions, give John or myself (George) a call at (909) 930-1751. This is going to be a big blast so start to make your plans now.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
What about the road course? Dont want to hammer my GT down the 1/4 and run 10's then get kicked out with no roll cage. Or do those rules not apply to us at this event? Is this weekend for Fords only? I would like to bring my Ferrari F430 also.

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
Dave, if you need somebody to drive one of the cars down to the track, I'm your man.

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Sorry, no Fairys, oops, I mean Ferraris at this event, LOL. The road course and the 2-mile NASCAR oval won't be available either. The 1/4 mile drag strip is what the Fun Ford Weekend is all about. You can get more info on thier site, www.funfordevents.com

I just heard from our contacts with Ford Racing and in honor of the GT owners and enthusiasts at the FFW event at California Speedway (Fontana, CA), Ford Racing will be sending their big silver 18-wheeler to the event, to be parked next to the "Ford GT Corral" in the pits where all of you will be pitted.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Out of the country or I would drive down...damnit :frown Sounds great :wink

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
what are the rules when we run in the 10's