gt parts value

Cobraguy

GT Owner
So.....as I am witnessing the escalating values of the gt parts that occasionally show up on the forum I begin to wonder.....has anyone done the math on what a low mileage running gt would currently be worth if it were to be entirely parted out vs it's current value as a minty DD? (slow day at the office........)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
So.....as I am witnessing the escalating values of the gt parts that occasionally show up on the forum I begin to wonder.....has anyone done the math on what a low mileage running gt would currently be worth if it were to be entirely parted out vs it's current value as a minty DD? (slow day at the office........)

I'm sure Andy ("Darthvader") has done that - probably for Veyrons too.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The sum of the parts is worth more than the whole.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Now you're sounding like a mathematician :lol

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The sum of the parts is worth more than the whole.

Clearly the case. A quick add of major commodities at current over-the-counter prices yields > $260K just in parts.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

What office?? You’re retired!!!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Can't sneak anything past you Ron!!!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
the trend I've seen in the past 30 years is that it's true, there is a point where the total of the parts is worth more than the assembled vehicle itself. ex: the 1969-1970 Boss 429 Mustang. it got to a point where buying a Boss for parts was far more proftable than buying one to restore or keep. However with that being said, the trend reversed as Boss 429s started bringing $200,000.00-500,000 at auctions like Barrett Jackson. Of course the parts for the Boss kept trending upward at the same time but not near as fast. I think the GT will do the same thing. as the cars become more and more less available, the prices will continue to go up. of course as the parts start to disappear, they too will trend up but I don't think as fast as the valuation of the Ford GT. jmo

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This thread is for people who have to much time on there hands !
Rick start planning our summer get away!
No details missed please !

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
rocketman- you feel the same way about this thread as I do about the thread on the 2016 GT ! I never read so much speculation, guessing and just plain mis-information in my life in any thread on this forum. too funny to read and mostly a major waste of time !! too funny !!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
cloud.jpg

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Lmao !!!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
This thread is for people who have to much time on there hands !
Rick start planning our summer get away!
No details missed please !

All I can tell you Ron is that when we go whitewater rafting in the Rockies in July Mcgowen and I intend to toss you overboard with nothing but your waterwings on!!...now go flog some more meat!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Lol!