Gt oil and coolent caps from ford racing

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
doing some performance and cosmetic mods to the gt and was interested in the caps from ford racing. the ones that look like polished aluminum or chrome. they don't seem to be available anymore. can anyone here point me in the right direction? thanks in advance

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada

Rocketman
Read thru posts but I didn't see any links or info on the oil and/ or coolant caps from ford racing

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
viva -

On page 229 of the current Ford Racing Catalog, you will find a "5.4L Mustang SVT Engine Aluminum Cap Kit," Part Number M-6766-M54.

All of these caps will fit the Ford GT with the following exceptions:

1) The Power Steering Cap must be remachined to fit over the top of the Ford GT Power Steering Cap, as the Mustang Cap is much smaller.

2) The Oil Dipstick Handle must be drilled deeper, and a new crosspin hole drilled for the rollpin, in order to have the dipstick's measurement lines at the proper depth in the Dry Sump Tank.

3) The Washer Fluid and Brake Fluid Cap Covers will not fit the Ford GT.

On page 228, the Ford Racing Coil Covers, Part Number M-6067-D will fit the Ford GT Valve Covers.

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Check out 321 caps set. They look great if they are still availble. They are also a forum sponser.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Check out 321 caps set. They look great if they are still availble. They are also a forum sponser.
yeah, you are right. the blue with carbon fibre caps are awesome. if i had some other stuff with carbon fibre it would be a good fit. i am looking for the polished aluminium or chrome plated ones to match the polished whipple i am putting on.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The polished coil covers are nice.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The original Ford Racing chrome caps that had the GT logo engraved were made by MGD limited for Ford Performance Parts at the time. You might contact them and see if they have any similar or could make you some 'one of' parts.

I went with the Scott Drake carbon fiber on annodized aluminum caps and they look very nice, but are not chrome. Could be chrome plated before applying the labels though if thats what you wanted.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Ralphie

that clutch fluid cap is painful to see!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I was just trying to answer the question posed. The original Ford Racing GT caps are no longer available from Ford Racing, although I originally had them on my car. Check with Torrie to see if he might have any available.

The part numbers were:

Coolant Caps (Engine & Intercooler Caps) - M-8006-GT:

Oil Tank Filler Cap - M-6766-GT:

Ford Racing still sells the Oil Tank Filler Cap - M-6766-MP46A:

which, if you wish to keep your current plastic cap intact, can be fitted with the Mustang Cap F3AZ-6766-B plastic cap, which is considerably cheaper than the Ford GT Cap (although are interchangeable).

Last edited:

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I was just trying to answer the question posed. The original Ford Racing GT caps are no longer available from Ford Racing, although I originally had them on my car. Check with Torrie to see if he might have any available.

The part numbers were:

Coolant Caps (Engine & Intercooler Caps) - M-8006-GT:

Oil Tank Filler Cap - M-6766-GT:

Ford Racing still sells the Oil Tank Filler Cap - M-6766-MP46A:

which, if you wish to keep your current plastic cap intact, can be fitted with the Mustang Cap F3AZ-6766-B plastic cap, which is considerably cheaper than the Ford GT Cap (although are interchangeable).

ralphie,
the first two are what i am looking for.M-8006-GT: and M-6766-GT:
how do i get in contact with torrie?
thanks

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
He's here on the forum often - send him a PM. His nickname is "tmcphail." Some others may be willing to sell theirs.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
yeah, you are right. the blue with carbon fibre caps are awesome. if i had some other stuff with carbon fibre it would be a good fit. i am looking for the polished aluminium or chrome plated ones to match the polished whipple i am putting on.

I bought these for their understated factory look;

http://www.fordgtparts.com/servlet/the-33/GT40-Concept-Fluid-Cap/Detail

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Viva, I have these two caps new in the box if I remeber correctly. I would say $50 a piece plus shipping if you are interested. Dr. Frank.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Viva, I have these two caps new in the box if I remeber correctly. I would say $50 a piece plus shipping if you are interested. Dr. Frank.

You have the 2 coolant caps M-8006-gt and 1 oil cap m-6766-gt, new in box. Awesome. Can you send some pictures? My email is mikia@cogeco.ca.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Looks like fjpikul has what i need/want. Thanks to all.
These should look good with the polished whipple. Can't wait to see what the difference a little horsepower does. Hehe

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
IMG_1954.jpgE-mail with pic sent. As described, all three new in box with tissue paper.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Good job, Frank!! :thumbsup :thumbsup