GT Has A New Roomate!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Well, as several before me, we've added to the stable.

After what seemed like forever (ordered in April), we finally took a road trip to Iowa to pick up the Shelby today.

Based on previous posts I've seen, it looks like the new blue is going to be a popular color. Hope to get out to more interesting scenery for some better pics this fall. Had to get something quick to post, so the quality of this shot is lacking a little.

Took her out for a short spin to dinner tonight with the "in transit" tag. They wouldn't give us a true temporary tag because we were from out of state. Can't wait until she's a little more legal for some real road time.

Unfortunately she's going to have to wait until after the rally for more attention. Too busy prepping the GT and trailer for NOLA.

Won't be long before we're cruising through the country side with the wind blowing through what's left of my hair. :cool

Jeff

Shelby Left Front.jpg

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Sweet:cheers:banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice ride Jeff!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Very Nice. Enjoy it.:usa

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Should have ordered RED! Can't wait to see it in person.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Enjoy - Great color! :thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
She's a beauty, Jeff!! Congrats!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congrats Jeff. I'm jealous. Still looking for one.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats, and the color does look good. Can't imagine it in real life.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Congrats! These are cool cars, I took mine out today for a little bit then cleaned it up. To have that much power and all the luxuries is a rare thing. I just installed the hood shocks from Redline and it makes a huge difference. Gives you a lot more room and does away with the hood prop, which I still cant figure out why any mfg still uses those.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Have fun! Love the blue, great color. Definitely looks the business!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
It was really tough peeking in on her while fininshing up the GT today in the other room.

Knowing I had to get the work on the GT done for the track sessions in NOLA, I resisted the urge to take the Shelby out.

After a test drive in the GT to make sure all was good to go, I parked it back in next to the Shelby. I might as well have parked it next to my F350. Couldn't believe how big the Shelby looks sitting right next to the GT.

On the up side, usually at the end for the Rally there is always the let down of it being over and heading back home. Instead I'll have something new to look forward to waiting for me back here at home.

Jeff

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Congrats Jeff and Gina, beautiful car. Is a great addition to your stable and will be a show stopper at the DQ or any other car gathering place. See you next week.