GT Guys in Dallas

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just wanted to drop a note and make sure everyone knows how invaluable "experience" labor can be.

The GT Guys came to Dallas to complete a laundry list of things for different GTs. Along with many other things my, doors needed minor adjustments.... in the process of completing that task they noticed the fenders seemed somewhat out of alignment, so they adjusted both front fenders for a perfect look/fit.

When I showed up to check on the progress, 90% of the car was either covered with cloth or double blue-taped. It was very reassuring.

They found the head of a half-shaft bolt rolling around (I had already scheduled the Accufab replacement). I had a couple of drives left on the car before I would have been stranded.

The GT Guys were about two hours ahead of schedule on the first day, prior to their lunch with the locals... which took way to long. They were ready to be back in the shop. Still finished ahead of time for the day and by 2pm the next day they had competed:

1) Stillen Clutch install
2) Borla Exhaust install
3) Penske Suspension install / total realignment
4) Heffner Pulley
5) Heffner Tune
6) Ford Racing Transmission Cooler install
7) Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter install
8) Accufab Throttle Body install
9) Accufab Radiator support springs
10) Accufab 1/2 Shaft Bolts
11) Accufab Air Inlet Support
12) Halon Fire Suppression system install
13) Full fluid change (engine oil/transmission oil/coolant system)
14) Brembo brake stickers
15) Adjusted both Doors
14) Adjusted both fenders
15) I am sure I am leaving more out

So who wants to complain about having a busy day? They are now on to 5 more GTs.

Thanks guys!!

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Hey not my fault the waiter took to long at lunch...

:)

Hopefully I can stop by tomorrow. Glad you are happy Mark.

matt

JWH

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2006
GT Guys

Just wanted to drop a note and make sure everyone knows how invaluable "experience" labor can be.

The GT Guys came to Dallas to complete a laundry list of things for different GTs. Along with many other things my, doors needed minor adjustments.... in the process of completing that task they noticed the fenders seemed somewhat out of alignment, so they adjusted both front fenders for a perfect look/fit.

When I showed up to check on the progress, 90% of the car was either covered with cloth or double blue-taped. It was very reassuring.

They found the head of a half-shaft bolt rolling around (I had already scheduled the Accufab replacement). I had a couple of drives left on the car before I would have been stranded.

The GT Guys were about two hours ahead of schedule on the first day, prior to their lunch with the locals... which took way to long. They were ready to be back in the shop. Still finished ahead of time for the day and by 2pm the next day they had competed:

1) Stillen Clutch install
2) Borla Exhaust install
3) Penske Suspension install / total realignment
4) Heffner Pulley
5) Heffner Tune
6) Ford Racing Transmission Cooler install
7) Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter install
8) Accufab Throttle Body install
9) Accufab Radiator support springs
10) Accufab 1/2 Shaft Bolts
11) Accufab Air Inlet Support
12) Halon Fire Suppression system install
13) Full fluid change (engine oil/transmission oil/coolant system)
14) Brembo brake stickers
15) Adjusted both Doors
14) Adjusted both fenders
15) I am sure I am leaving more out

So who wants to complain about having a busy day? They are now on to 5 more GTs.

Thanks guys!!

I live in Dallas - have had the Hennessey upgrade and love the car - but there are a number of things that could/should be checked out (my doors have never closed right and at times I get this high pitched noise when I shift). Who are the 'GT Guys'? The MiddleKauff dealership sold, so they don't appear to be as receptive to GTs anymore. Can you give me the contact info of these guys - thanks.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Anyone, feel free to correct me if I am wrong: It is my understanding that the GT Guys (Rich and Dennis) where on the original build team for our GTs. When production ended they started their own company (LLC) to work on these cars. They understand the GT better than just about anyone alive. I would bet that they have been into more engines and transmissions than they can recall.

I have seen their work first hand on my first GT and have absolutely no complaints. I was so impressed, in fact, that I would not let anyone else do upgrades on my car. A couple of guys in the area agreed to split the cost of flying them in from Michigan and Sam Pack's Ford was kind enough to let us use their workshop... in short if you want something done to you car, these are the guys and you need to call. Call them immediately to see f they have time while they are here (they leave on Sunday).

Call Rich at 734.658.9498

I think they are leaving the dealership around 8pm so you can probable still get them tonight. I think they would like to schedule as much work as they can while they are here so I am sure they won’t mind.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey Mark,
Looks like you covered the bases. Congrats.
How is the leg, out of your cast?
Yeah, Rich and Dennis built the first work horse cars. They are the very best.
Cheers,
daniel

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I consider Rich and Dennis GREAT friends. Two of the nicest guys you will ever meet. :cheers

As for Their ability and knowledge on GTs, it's second to none.

If I'm not working on your GT, Rich and Dennis better be!

Make sure you ask Dennis about His DEER hunting trip while at the Wixom shop.

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
Mark, Enjoyed having lunch with you, Matt,David and the GT Guys. It was well worth the drive to get to see the Rich and Dennis in action. I was amazed on how they are able to make everything come together. They are a class act. Give us an update on how the GT handles after you had a chance do drive it on a clear DRY day. I am sure you will enjoy every minute of it.
Dan

Matt, Thanks again for lunch....

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
Mark your car looks great....again thanks for setting up.

Of course Dennis and Rich are the best. I too would agree if you can stop by their location or call, They do have a little time left.

By the way any info. on the possible dinner tonight?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just to give everyone a quick update. I spoke to Javier today. He said he would gladly reserve us a table for 10 @ 7:45/8:00. We could possibly ad a couple more or certainly take a few less. He will reserve WIDE valet parking spaces up front for the FGT's :thumbsup.

I would still like a sound off from anyone planning to come. If you have not been or its been a long time, may I suggest the Steak Durango or Quail :banana.

On a final note, I spoke to the shop today about my Heritage and have delayed a few of the upgrades so I souldn't have to give any of you rides in the CGT:lol

John

PS. I might could possibly be persuaded to take up to 3 guest to the Lodge VIP room afterwards :wink.

That is the lastest. 7:45

Apr 24, 2006
That is the lastest. 7:45

Everything is still on for 7:45-8:00ish. I would like to get a confirmed head count if possible.

John
214-693-0777

jimmy_v

Jul 23, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks to Fubar for setting this up, I had the GT guys change out the exhaust they completed the job in 45 minutes.

It was nice meeting dbtgt, racer_x and the GT Guys.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Everything is still on for 7:45-8:00ish. I would like to get a confirmed head count if possible.

John

214-693-0777

I'm in, see ya around 7:45

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks to Fubar for setting this up, I had the GT guys change out the exhaust they completed the job in 45 minutes.

It was nice meeting dbtgt, racer_x and the GT Guys.

Good deal. We are going to try and meet up down at Javier's tonight. You should join us.

jimmy_v

Jul 23, 2007
Dallas, TX
Good deal. We are going to try and meet up down at Javier's tonight. You should join us.

Sounds like fun but I am babysitting my son. Would anyone be interested in a small drive Sunday morning.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Ohhh Man Fubar... Now I have a taste for their Filet Carnitas:cheers:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

John
214-693-0777

I spoke to dbgt earlier today. He is planning on being there also. I don't think Rich and Dennis will make it in time.

Ohhh Man Fubar... Now I have a taste for their Filet Carnitas:cheers:thumbsup

It is sounding pretty good... mmmmmm, filet carnitas. See you guys soon :biggrin

Apr 24, 2006
Just tell the hostess that you're apart of the Ford GT table. In order to fill seats, I invited 2 friends that drive Murcielagos. Don't worry, I know from personal experience of owning both that our Fords are more than capable. :thumbsup

John

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just want to say "Thanks" to Mark for setting this up and to John for the wonderful dinner at Javier's Saturday evening! As always, the group of owners and afficionados associated with th GT are really a class act! I enjoyed seeing old forum friends and meeting new ones. Again, my hat goes off to The GT Guy, LLC. :cheers Rich and Dennis are amazing at what they do and have the utmost integrity throughout the process. They are simply the best! Besides the "new" Ford axle bolts (hopefully for the last time) they installed the new Stillen clutch and a FFRP short shift kit for me. If you ever doubt their expertise, once underway my transaxle was sitting on the floor in 1 hour 10 minutes! :eek It was like watching a ballet (well, you know what I mean) very impressive. BTW, the Stillen clutch is the real deal. Much, much better than stock. Smooth engagement over a much shorter travel and generally easier to drive IMO. A perfect match with my pulley and tune. Well worth it and a "no brainer" if you need a clutch replacement. Again, thanks to everyone envolved for a great event! :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Why do you do all this stuff on a trailer queen? I guess the clutch makes it easier to back off and drive on the trailer ramps?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Why do you do all this stuff on a trailer queen? I guess the clutch makes it easier to back off and drive on the trailer ramps?

Does that mean that you are "DRIVING" with us to Rally III? I'll be planning the route as soon as DBK coughs up dates.