GT Guy (Rich Brooks) Still in Business ?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You buy them from the forum store.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
It has been a while since I have been here. A bit of this thread is surprising to me to read. Rich Brooks is one of the hardest working, give it to you straight, most capable and most professional people I have worked with in my 27 year career from the FGT through NASCAR Cup and IndyCar. Rich always goes above and beyond what is needed or what he says he will do. We were extremely fortunate to have Rich at Roush managing the builds and care of the FGT prototypes from start to finish.

If Rich is not responding then he is absolutely buried and running on the human limit...for many, many years. Please assume this rather than anything else. (I know many of you know this all, but apparently some do not.)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I think the question mark should be removed from the thread title.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I would like to contact Rich, I had him do a PPI for me years ago, for some reason I cannot find his contact info. Thanks...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It has been a while since I have been here. A bit of this thread is surprising to me to read. Rich Brooks is one of the hardest working, give it to you straight, most capable and most professional people I have worked with in my 27 year career from the FGT through NASCAR Cup and IndyCar. Rich always goes above and beyond what is needed or what he says he will do. We were extremely fortunate to have Rich at Roush managing the builds and care of the FGT prototypes from start to finish.

If Rich is not responding then he is absolutely buried and running on the human limit...for many, many years. Please assume this rather than anything else. (I know many of you know this all, but apparently some do not.)
Spot on Scott!!
Honored to call you both my friends!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I have had the honor of knowing Rich (and Dennis) since 2003 when I went on the GT program. They had been involved with it long before I was. There was a lot of interaction between Wixom (Ford), Saleen, and Roush. Dennis always seem to get the shit jobs. Not exactly sure what Rich did but I'm sure he was good at it. In the years since then, we have stayed in contact. Usually it's me asking questions about something. We have a running joke between us. I call him My hero for his ongoing work and knowledge on GTs, and he calls me his hero because I was lucky enough to retire early. We started working on this Power Steering hose issue together some months ago and we were able to get replacements made. (have YOU ordered your replacement yet?) We may look into having other parts that are no longer serviced made if there is enough interest in doing it. (spelled financially wise) He is my go-to guy on GTs.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^ please make driver’s side headlight assemblies.

:cool:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
^^^ please make driver’s side headlight assemblies.

:cool:
they are coming

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
they are coming

Tell us more. I have heard that for a long time now.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Tell us more. I have heard that for a long time now.

headlights are coming. There's been a few obstacles along the way with parts for them.

Reactions: 2112

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Things like the left headlight assembly (right also) is something we likely would not do. To many "issues". If some one is doing them, great. Hope they get here soon. They are needed. The problem is most replacement parts we would do are GT specific. We had to buy a minimum of 500 P/S hoses. Granted, we will likely sell all of them, but may take years. (have you gotten Yours yet?) Really does not make much sense for us sitting on inventory for that length of time. I think anything else we decide to do will be things we can turn over in a reasonable amount of time. (unless someone wants to be a rich uncle for us LOL)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have had the honor of knowing Rich (and Dennis) since 2003 when I went on the GT program. They had been involved with it long before I was. There was a lot of interaction between Wixom (Ford), Saleen, and Roush. Dennis always seem to get the shit jobs. Not exactly sure what Rich did but I'm sure he was good at it. In the years since then, we have stayed in contact. Usually it's me asking questions about something. We have a running joke between us. I call him My hero for his ongoing work and knowledge on GTs, and he calls me his hero because I was lucky enough to retire early. We started working on this Power Steering hose issue together some months ago and we were able to get replacements made. (have YOU ordered your replacement yet?) We may look into having other parts that are no longer serviced made if there is enough interest in doing it. (spelled financially wise) He is my go-to guy on GTs.
Rich
I’m your biggest fan!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
bar_r.gif
bar_b.gif
corner_br.gif

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Scary to think with headlights are going to sell for now. Lucky I got extras

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Rich is the best. My GT that I bought earlier this year runs and drives like a new car.

Reactions: extrap