GT Get Away Weekend 4, the Quest for Bugs

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
It's that time of the year for the 4th annual GT Getaway Weekend. The dates are April 24 - 26.

More details will follow in the next few days, but a fun time WILL be had.

So, strap on your Rootin-Tootin Shootin Iron, and your Pith helmet and join us for a really great weekend exploring our great state of Arizona.

Remember, GTs are NOT required for our rally, but a good time is. Sign up now.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rich,

Chip, Renea, and #34 will be leading the charge. Looking forward to this.

Chip

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
2 mooses will join the herd with the "Great White" GT trolling the byways of beautiful Arizona!

This will be great!

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do you have a map of the route? I might join just for the drive to see some places we might not have been before.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
A Friday night, (the 24th of April) kick off party will be held in Scottsdale. Details to follow.

We will be leaving from Scottsdale early Saturday morning the 25th for our a roughly 600 mile, 2 day trek. I can pert-neer garuntee (in my best Walter Brennen accent) you will see and do things you've only dreamed about.

Thanks to Mr. Blue Moose, we have secured lodging at the fantastic Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Spa and Resort.(picture) He was able to get us in at the astonishing rate of $125.00 for Saturday night per room. All taxes, fees and a gourmet breakfast are included. (normally $400. plus) They have secured parking for the cars. We are limited to 8 rooms at this price, so sign up for the rally soon to secure one. We need to confirm by Sunday the 19th of April. (3 are gone already)

Remember, other than food, fuel, lodging, and a few admittance fees, there is no charge to participate in our little outing. Hell, you don't even need a GT. All that is require is warm bodies desiring a fantastic week end get away.

More details to follow

Attachments

• view_trail_fade.jpg
    view_trail_fade.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Well, I've decided to join the group (if they'll have me), but will be bringing my '66 Mustang to the event. After all, don't Mustangs belong in Arid-zona?

I'm hoping that it will make the distance, as each time I've had it out lately, minor failures have been occurring, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Trying to work out all the bugs so that I can drive it to Addison, Texas in June. Looking forward to a great event this coming weekend.

Ralphie

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Sounds like a great time! I'll miss you by just a few days as I leave AZ on the 23rd and can not extend!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Ralphie, your always more than welcome. Your the only one with grayer hair than me. I'll see you in Kingman Thursday night.

Sorry you can't make it Jason. Maybe next year.

Should have more details posted tomorrow.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
The group is growing. We only have 2 rooms left. 2 GTs, A classic Mustang, AC Cobra, Viper, and of course my Fusion GT.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Barry won't be disappearing from the group midway through this year. Can't make it at all. Have out of state folks flying in and overlapping plans.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Barry won't be disappearing from the group midway through this year. Can't make it at all. Have out of state folks flying in and overlapping plans.

Whew - my windshield is probably safe....

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
We are going to half miss Barry. I really thought he would make both days this year. All windshields are safe this year. (except his)

Plans are complete now.

Friday night, the24th, we are having a pre rally dinner at the Chart House Restaurant in Scottsdale. Everyone is welcome even if you're not doing the rally. Please post by Thursday if you would like to attend so we can make final reservations.

Looks like it will be a great time

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
It will be a beautiful weekend, spectacular views, awesome fun and awesomer people.:cheers 2 rooms left!

Attachments

• phfc7d06h.jpg
    phfc7d06h.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Great start to the weekend! Dinner at the Chart House. Pictured are Blue Moose, Chip Beck and Ralphie's awesome '66 Mustang.

Attachments

• Medium.jpg
    Medium.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Looks like a beautiful day and fun times.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Fantastic time so far. Thanks to John, we each have personal bungalows at the resort. This place is unbelievable. The ultimate in service and comfort. First day pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF4494.jpg
    DSCF4494.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF4499.jpg
    DSCF4499.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF4531.jpg
    DSCF4531.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF4497.jpg
    DSCF4497.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF4510.jpg
    DSCF4510.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF4496.jpg
    DSCF4496.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 141

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
EXTRA, EXTRA, Read all about it,

CHIP BECK WALKS ON FIRE ! SWEARS IT'S THE POOL TOMORROW

Attachments

• DSCF4534.jpg
    DSCF4534.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 141

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks for the pictures. Fun times had by all I'm sure.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
EXTRA, EXTRA, Read all about it,

CHIP BECK WALKS ON FIRE ! SWEARS IT'S THE POOL TOMORROW

Most of us were holding a glass in our hand...........just in case!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Sounds like it was fun. Those roads are great and Dove Mountain is one of my favorites!