GT at Local VA Show

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Who had their autographed silver/black '05 at a small show in Clifton, VA on Labor Day? The car drew quite a crowd and I looked for the owner(s).

It was amazing to listen to the lookers and hear so much misinformation about the the car, e.g., color (special one-time Saleen color??), top speed (many opinions ranging from 185 - 235!), where the autographs came from and who the signers are, cost, total production, and on and on.

A real eclectic show in a nice little town. Ford was well represented -- the local Mustang club had a number of cars including a new red/white Shelby GT500, several very nice restored and rodded 30's cars, as well as a couple of replica Cobras.

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
I must admit... it was me. Rich Martin. Was at the GTForum and met a lot of cool folks (of course, in addtion all of the GT owners). As some of you know, I was able to get sigs from Saleen, Edsall Ford II, and Chris Theodore inside the cockpit, as well as other sigs in the engine bay and front storage area. It does look cool with front and rear hatches open with all of the sigs though... whether people know what they are talking about or not.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Awright, you fessed up. And now I learn you have one of every color!!!! Rich, your signed silver '05 did look good unbuttoned and on display.

Lived here in Fairfax all my life and been to and through Delaplane many times. Beautiful country, great driving roads, and rather resistant to suburban colonization.

Thanks for the response!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
rmartin175 said:
I must admit... it was me. Rich Martin. Was at the GTForum and met a lot of cool folks (of course, in addtion all of the GT owners). As some of you know, I was able to get sigs from Saleen, Edsall Ford II, and Chris Theodore inside the cockpit, as well as other sigs in the engine bay and front storage area. It does look cool with front and rear hatches open with all of the sigs though... whether people know what they are talking about or not.

I bet you were grinning ear to ear. Good to hear from you Rich and I see you're still having fun with the silver one. Take care.