GT all setteled in new garage

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
We just finished up the garage in our new house and the GT is all settled in....

dQ9aVmRl.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Nice Floor!!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
And surfboard/spear?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I was wondering what the floor was going to look like..... Cool garage

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
How high is your ceiling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Nice. Very sterile!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How high is your ceiling?

My guess is 10 feet if the 'man door' is a std 7 footer....'hard to guess from the camera angle.

Last edited:

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Thanks. I'm looking into getting a lift and ceiling height us crucial. Also he has a tandem which relieves you from worrying about the garage door as the open.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thanks. I'm looking into getting a lift and ceiling height us crucial. Also he has a tandem which relieves you from worrying about the garage door as the open.

I have a lift with 9' ceilings and I can stack just about any two sports cars. I would not let ceiling height (even 8') deter me from getting a lift...off-set to clear the garage door/door opener might be a more crucial consideration. I don't park my daily driver 100% under the lift, I just nose the hood under the lift to fit more cars in the garage. With 9' ceilings I cannot stand up under my car for repair BUT I spend many happy weekends rolling around on a shop stool with the lift up about 4'...so the bottom of the vehicle is about 4.5' off the floor...very comfortable while sitting on the rolling shop stool!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
My guess is 10 feet if the 'man door' is a std 7 footer....'hard to guess from the camera angle.

I would guess higher than that based on the gap between the cars. Nice setup.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I would guess higher than that based on the gap between the cars. Nice setup.

Look at the distance between the top of the "man door" and the ceiling. 'Looks like about 3 feet to me as opposed to the standard 1 foot or so (when compared to the 7 foot door height).

No??? :shrug

Like I opined B4, the camera angle screws things up a bit.

Maybe RaceDeck will clue us in! After all, HE ought to know! :biggrin

Last edited:

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
I have a lift with 9' ceilings and I can stack just about any two sports cars. I would not let ceiling height (even 8') deter me from getting a lift...off-set to clear the garage door/door opener might be a more crucial consideration. I don't park my daily driver 100% under the lift, I just nose the hood under the lift to fit more cars in the garage. With 9' ceilings I cannot stand up under my car for repair BUT I spend many happy weekends rolling around on a shop stool with the lift up about 4'...so the bottom of the vehicle is about 4.5' off the floor...very comfortable while sitting on the rolling shop stool!

Thanks. I appreciate this feedback. It helps :)