GT 4 hour race results NZ

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
We have just done our second 4 hour race,started 6th and finished 6th out of 39 starters,
We got hit from behind on the first lap at about 120 mph did 3 360's on the infeild rejoined in 18th place,engine check light came on only had 9lbs boost ,
after 1.5 hours back up to 4th came in for fuel got a drive through for pitlane speed [40 kph] rejoined in 8th, 30 mins later start to get fuel surge with 3/4 full tank 5th place, fill tank, surge gone, another drive through penalty,rejoin 7th, from then on we get fuel surge every 1/2 hour so we have to refuel every 1/2 hour, we only planed 2 fuel stops for 4 hours racing,had 5 stops plus 2 drive through penalties still finished 6th.
first 4 hour race we were black flaged after 17 laps for noise, this race was the first time 05 GT #612 had turned a wheel since she was crashed into a power pole,so not to bad a result for no testing at all
:cheers
Neil
nz05gt #612

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Congrats. With all the oopsies and delays, sounds like a very good finish. I think there is potential there - matter of time for a win.

What's next?

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
6 hour on 16th june,day night race
Neil

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
wish you all the luck and a safe race:cheers

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
Neil

Good luck Neil. Hope you show them your tail lights.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Neil

Keep going Neil- we're all behind ya :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for posting your results Neil, I was just thinking about you this week, wondering how the race effort was coming along. Sounds like a little more fine tuning and development is all you need, as the base performance sounds like is all there for you. Best of luck!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Sounds like a little more fine tuning and development is all you need

And a bigger gas tank :biggrin

When pushing the car, isn't it amazing how the gas goes through it? I think OPEC had some involvement in the engine development.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
And a bigger gas tank :biggrin

When pushing the car, isn't it amazing how the gas goes through it? I think OPEC had some involvement in the engine development.

We have 120 litre tank in it now,the fuel surge was caused by faulty aftermarket lift pumps feeding the surge tank,we can get 1.35 hours out of a tank when the lift pumps are working.
We are really pleased with the base line perfomance, now I have to replace al the A-arm bushes with sperical bearing as they have all started to collapse after 4 hours racing.
Interesting that we have the original soft halfshaft washers on still and they are fine, no wear or bending at all.
Neil

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great posts Neil, please keep them coming. How about some video on Youtube?

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Great posts Neil, please keep them coming. How about some video on Youtube?

As soon as I get some of the footage I will post it on youtube and let you all know
Neil

PS sorry for the slow replies but i'm designing some new suspension bearings instead of the std rubber ones.