Greetings from a grateful alumni and fan.

vern

Sep 23, 2022
I just double checked the NDA and the clock ran out in 2021, so I can finally talk about the incredible 6 weeks I got to spend on the Multimatic factory floor at the beginning of 2018.

I've been getting a real kick out of reading about all of your tours to Markham to see your cars on the floor.
What I haven't read in any of them yet though, is that you got to hear them dyno the cars in the factory.
That was one my favorite parts about being there was hearing them dyno at least one or two cars everyday.
I'll never forget the first time I got to stand in front of the dyno and watch a pull. Every instinct in my entire body was screaming at me to get out of the way! Of course, there was nothing to worry about, but it's a visceral experience standing in front of it haha.

It was a wonderful experience to rub shoulders with the Ford and Multimatic teams, talk to and get to know the mechanics, and it was awesome to get to explore the CAD files. No, I don't have a copy of those. They stayed safely on a team computer that was on loan to me.

I was living in the GTA back then, but now I'm in Arizona. I am going to go visit Sanderson Ford someday soon here and go talk to Brian Naylor and see if I can be of any assistance.

Happy to be here! I hope to be an owner someday :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Welcome to the forum! What was your focus during the time you were there?

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Welcome! I asked about the dyno on my tour and was told the tried to schedule pulls around tours in case there was a hiccup. I would have loved to see my car up there running full tilt.

Reactions: vern

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We saw Shmee’s car on the dyno during our tour, couldn’t believe how quiet the Euro exhaust was

Reactions: Nafod and vern

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Welcome to AZ Vern. We have several C&Cs in Scottsdale, AZ that you can visit and see a few GTs on Saturday mornings. PM if interested and I can give you a list.

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
What HP numbers were you seeing on the dyno’d cars?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I didn't see any dyno runs on my tour, that definitely would have been fun. My family enjoyed taking the MM tour with Pearce in early August 2022 and meeting many of the assembly team.

vern

Sep 23, 2022
Welcome! I asked about the dyno on my tour and was told the tried to schedule pulls around tours in case there was a hiccup. I would have loved to see my car up there running full tilt.
Perhaps not! Cars that need to be dyno-ed multiple times usually have issues. It would have been much better if you had been able to see them dyno someone else's car!

vern

Sep 23, 2022
What HP numbers were you seeing on the dyno’d cars?
My work did not involve the dyno. I never got close enough to see the results. But I loved hearing them run cars on it.

vern

Sep 23, 2022
Welcome to the forum! What was your focus during the time you were there?
My background is in both engineering and logistics, so my assignment was to assist the engineering department with some important tasks related to parts, documentation and the bills of materials. I've handled every part that goes on the car, at its point of use on the line, and at the time of the project, I could have told you every part's name/description in the bill of materials.

In a previous role, I worked in an engineering capacity for a Tier 1 supplier and got my hands on trim parts for the Lincoln MK Z, the Chevy Volt, the Honda Pilot, Jeep Grand Cherokee, etc., all made in Toronto.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
We saw Shmee’s car on the dyno during our tour, couldn’t believe how quiet the Euro exhaust was
We where fortunate to be invited to join Dave and Roz for the tour of MM during their car build. It was noticeable how quite the euro spec was. We where told the europe spec was down on HP compared to the US spec, due to emissions requirements.. Back in the 80's this was just the opposite.