Graphene Coating

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone have any experience using a graphene product? Just wondering if there are any benefits over ceramic. I’m planning on detailing the car this weekend with this product as the final coat. Thanks

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The latest snake oil.

Reactions: BSim27

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
It's total BS!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Ehhh on the Graphine- You’re better off with a polish and a sealant, and for the “pop finish“ effect I use a combination of Menzerna Power lock sealant application (Jescar Power lock now in the USA), and then follow it by a coat of Collinite no. 845 wax application (put the Collinite bottle in a bucket of warm water for a few minutes before use)- Should you decide to use ceramic coating, I found Armor Shield IX ceramic coating to be the easiest to apply with a relatively reasonable cost and with great lasting results and there’s no need to top it off with a top coat like most others- (I have zero affiliation with any of these products)- But tried a few and these seems to provide extremely good results with the least amount of time, there are so many products on the market your head will explode trying to decide, ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
It’s a bit of marketing hype for sure… I use the Adam’s graphene tire coating and am really happy with that. Haven’t been overly impressed with any other graphene paint/glass product though.

I’ll always suggest getting a quality ceramic on the car (cost not an option) for protection and then use a top coat/drying aid product for gloss enhancement. Something like P&S Beadmaker or Gtechnique C2v3.

For a DIY and a more old school approach, the Powerlocl/Collinite combo is a really great option too. Especially on a car that doesn’t see any real abuse.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I had our GT 500 completely wrapped with PPF and applied Adam’s. The application was easy and less than a bottle for 1 coat. I also pulled the wheels and did the calipers and carbon wheels. Brake dust easily wipes off both with a like new shine in seconds. I dry wash the car and have the same result as it cleans in seconds.

good luck.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Just use the Vaccine its full of Graphene oxide