GR-1 sold to customer in Saudi Arabia?

Zilla57

GT Owner
Jan 6, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I was at this site, looking at another member's car, and came across these pics at the Bahrein Airport, in Saudi Arabia. The caption says the car was sold to a "customer" in Saudi Arabia? I know a couple years back, Cadillac was offered in excess of 10 million dollars for their Sixteen Concept, but Bob Lutz declined the sale because it was somehow not legal/ kosher. How/why would Ford sell the GR-1? :confused

http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?p...0032_36990.JPG&model=all&make=18&location=all

http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?a...bt00032/bt00032_36990.JPG&location=all&page=3

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Those pictures are quite old - I saw them at least a year ago. So maybe the story is just that - a story.

If it was true (which I doubt it is) I can't imagine driving a car polished to the reflection of a mirror in the intense sunlight of Bahrain! It would be blinding.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Neill,
I think it's just the showcar I saw at the miami motor show....

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I'm going to ship mine to Beirut as soon as the winter rains and snow subside. No point in turning the GT into an off-road jeep.
Then I'm going to do some nice mountain driving. I'll never be able to reach 1of19 speeds though, in such confined spaces. :biggrin

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
the car has not been sold. it was shipped there last year for a photo shoot

TLP

Jan 21, 2006
The GR1 was in Salt Lake City about a week ago.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Don't believe anything on that site. IE my car was spotted 2/27/05?! Yet the photo was taken two weeks ago!

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Gr1

I agree. The car was in the great city of Apopka, Florida not long ago. It would be totally unamerican to sell it like that. I don't even think it has a VIN which would make it impossible to sell it to anyone. I will have to go back and look at the pictures I took of it.
By the way, as the GT has a pretty big blind spot, the GR 1 must have one you could park a semi in. Just looking at it from the outside.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
OFF TOPIC, I saw at SEMA cars painted that look like they are polished aluminum. Expensive has all get out, different, I guess just the ticket for someone that needs more attention.

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
A GT or another marque? Any pictures?