Got to drive a Huracan yesterday

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
What a surprise too. The car is brutally quick, in fact as quick as my 200 RWHP Kawasaki ZX14 Ninja off the line; I just couldn't believe it!

I had her out for a good 30 minutes. This thing is a marvel of technology and car. Handling was to die for, braking and straight out balls to the wall acceleration is something I never expected from this thing!

I'm not sure I'd want it as a daily, like the 991 TTS I have coming in, but this car is just spectacular as a performance car and I'm not sure what else is out there that truly rivals this car.

When I hammered her at speeds (which I did about 100 times), the 1st thing I noticed is it winding up and then smashing into a lower gear - literally throwing me against the seat with bone-crushing force. During that, the power steering immediately tightens up and the suspension hunkers down. This car means serious business, but the coolest thing was what I saw in sport mode; which was the auto rev-matching in downshifting.

The car is as tame as you can imagine, or as wild and raw as you want it to be...but it's something spectacular. It makes the Aventador I drove in 2013 feel old.

The interior is very slick and of course, it looks like something out of my future from the outside. LOL

I won't give up 2016 TTS on order, but I think this Huracan is next on my hit list. Not hard to figure out why they call it a Huracan.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Sounds like a treat....sounds like a large step up from the gallardo....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I have driven the two.

There is no comparison.

One is a world class supercar that is anything capable, and the other is just a nice car to look at...minus all the performance.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
My neighbor has one. They are great. My Aventador seems heavy by comparison, but certainly quicker which my Audi/Lambo client/ engineers say is a certainty despite differing car mag comparisons. The advantage the baby Lambo has is the DCS which the Aventador is too big to support.

For the money it is hard to pay that much more for the big bull, even though the doors are cooler and the design more striking imo. Huracan is more like my former 650s.

Yes, light years above Gallardo.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
....big bull.... and the design more striking imo.

Performance and price aside... I can barely tell them apart in photos, but in person there is no comparison. Huracan is a beauty but gets lost in the crowd, Aventador steals the show.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Performance and price aside... I can barely tell them apart in photos, but in person there is no comparison. Huracan is a beauty but gets lost in the crowd, Aventador steals the show.

Yeah, I am biased but at car shows the Huracan and my 458 get ignored if the Aventador is out. But that will only last till the next thing comes out. Lol

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Agreed on looks...Aventador is the bomb, but the Huracan was faster than the big bull on straight-line acceleration (for me).

Last edited: