Got the call

Mar 15, 2006
From the Ford GT Concierge regarding placing my order. They were very thorough and helpful. Good job Ford and so far so good!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Nice ,pick a color yet.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
John...
-- does this mean you received the Carbon Fiber Toy box?
-- have you filled out the order form?
-- do you have the date when the 50% deposit is due ?
-- Do you have an order 'freeze' date ?
fun to track...

andy (ajb)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Congrats... can't wait for my turn

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Congrats. It's going to be a long year

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Good for you John. A lot of us are still on hold listening to elevator music.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
what was your original ordering window?

Mar 15, 2006
I was offered an order freeze date very early. I actually got the call last November with a December, 2016 freeze date. Honestly, I was shocked and totally unprepared to be able to begin the order process at that time. I politely asked the concierge if they could push back my order for several months to give me a chance to be in a position to be able to follow-through with the order i.e. I have 2 kids in college and the tuition payments to go along with that.

No toy box yet but I was told that they were making more and that it would be coming soon. Cant wait.

No choice on color yet. I am a simple guy who can get a little crazy on occasion. So the color is either going to be a single color and no stripes or something completely out of the box. I do like the carbon wheels (and optional titanium lug nuts) and will most likely go with the gloss carbon exterior to match and one of the interiors with the carbon upgrade. Will probably also opt for the titanium exhaust system, both car covers. Wont do the locking lug nut option as they look ugly on my GT350R even though the protect very expensive wheels. Will start dialing all of this in when the toy kit arrives. I need to see it visually.

July is my order freeze date. Estimated build is Q4 of this year. Not sure if its a 2017 or 2018 model. I got all of the pricing over the phone and out of respect to Ford will not be posting that online. Nobody asked me to not share it but that seems to be the proper etiquette at this point.

I asked about the Heritage option and it has long since been sold out. Those who had early orders had their chance to grab all of these. I was told that the demand was strong for this option and that once they reached a certain level of orders they stopped. Thus, the guys who have these have something very rare. Probably less than 50 of them would be my guess. Even more rare are the red, white and blue 2016 LeMans commemorative GT's that some of the Ford execs got. Of course, I had to ask about these.

Havent filled out the order form yet. I guess that happens after the toy kit arrival and prior to the freeze date. 50% pmt due prior to freeze date. Still need to finalize the dealer who I will buy from. Spoke to nice dealer in Houston that Tommy and others are using. Nice guy and may use him.

One thing that I will share from my call that some of you may know about but I did not. I asked if I could visit the factory when my GT is being built and was told yes and that there may be a 2 week window when this could happen. This makes me very happy and I want to thank the Ford Performance and Multimatic teams for doing this. I am sure that this adds extra work and logistics to these guys and I am very appreciative that you are making this possible. Its kind of like being able to be at the hospital when you child is born. My wife would slap me for that statement but you guys know what I mean.

Glad to share this and when the time comes I will share more. I have kept quiet about the GT up until now as I know for some who are waiting or didn't get one its kind of tough. So if you are one of those guys pls don't take my shares as boastful or anything like that. I feel extremely fortunate and just want to share the passion which is why I believe Ford built the car.

More details when they become available.

John

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Oh boy I just realized that that 2 week window for the factory tour is going to be during hunting season 2018 for me. Aaaaaargh!!!!

So using this heritage as an point of reference that would most likely mean that next years special edition should be gone by this time next year as well.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Great news and information John ! You Houston guys are going to have quite a group of new GT's down there.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congratulations

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Congratulations! Cannot wait for my "two week window"!