saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
Initial impressions,

1) easy to drive, first gear handles all around town driving
2) feels faster 60 to 100 than 30 to 60
3) engine runs hot
4) no storage anywhere, I could not even find a place for my sunglasses! Does the center console open up?
5) doors are not very practical given the amount of room needed to open
6) Not very refined interior like a true track car
7) fit and finish is very good not exceptional

First Conclusion:
The most sexy looking exotic car for pure performance, raw track car with some added features for the street. Exactly what I wanted!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome to the inner circle :cheers the fun as just begun :biggrin

Your remarks are the same as mine when I first took delivery

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Congratulations

Your observations are very good. No there is no storage except on thepassenger side of the console and little folders stuck to the firewall behind the seats.

Be careful in parking as you need lots of space toopen a door to get in and out. You will start taking two spaces when doing angled parking so someone doesn't park so close that you can't get the doors open.

Good luck

Dave
saber said:
Initial impressions,

1) easy to drive, first gear handles all around town driving
2) feels faster 60 to 100 than 30 to 60
3) engine runs hot
4) no storage anywhere, I could not even find a place for my sunglasses! Does the center console open up?
5) doors are not very practical given the amount of room needed to open
6) Not very refined interior like a true track car
7) fit and finish is very good not exceptional

First Conclusion:
The most sexy looking exotic car for pure performance, raw track car with some added features for the street. Exactly what I wanted!

SMLDONZI

Sep 27, 2005
NE OH/SW VA
Congratulations Saber!

Those first impressions are helpful to me as I contemplate the big decision. It sounds as impractical and as fun as I might imagine. Thanks. How hot does it run and is this common? Color and options?

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Right.......What he said.
Welcome aboard!

No Buyer's Remorse here.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
SMLDONZI said:
Congratulations Saber!

Those first impressions are helpful to me as I contemplate the big decision. It sounds as impractical and as fun as I might imagine. Thanks. How hot does it run and is this common? Color and options?

It's a mid-engine car, so engine temperature is always going to fluctuate wildly. That said, I've driven it slowly in 100-degree weather and it's fine. The worst I got to was 220 degrees, and on the freeway at 70mph at 70 degrees with A/C on, the engine temp was down at 160 degrees.

Driving at faster speeds increases airflow and lowers the temp. Driving at lower rpms decreases engine work and heat. And turning on the A/C decreases engine temperature almost instantly.

Welcome to the club, Saber!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Mine arrives in a few hours. Can't wait to put a few miles on it.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
barondw said:
Congratulations
No there is no storage except on thepassenger side of the console and little folders stuck to the firewall behind the seats.

Don't forget the storage pockets in the front of the seats. That is where I keep a pair of sunglasses and my garage door opener.

And no, there is no center console. The tunnel is where the gas tank is. The black pad is just an arm rest, it does not open.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Chris.... Eureka, I discovered it, only have had the car since June... :biggrin

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Welcome aboard! Hope you don't mind crowds -- you are sure to attract them just about everywhere you go in the GT.

Chris! You helped me find pockets that I didn't know I had. :thumbsup That's why I love this forum. Thanks

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Florida Chris said:
Don't forget the storage pockets in the front of the seats. That is where I keep a pair of sunglasses and my garage door opener.

And no, there is no center console. The tunnel is where the gas tank is. The black pad is just an arm rest, it does not open.

Forgot all about it Chris, good mention

Dave

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
Thanks everyone,

This car is so much fun and it does attract crowds. The suspension is so good that it could use 100 extra horses. The ride is surprisingly soft over bumps which I think is due to the very high profile tires. If I change the rims to 20 in back with 315 by 35 and fronts to 19 by 245 by 40, the handling would get even better but the bumps will get noticable. Has anyone changed the tires?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Saber... forgot to say CONGRATS! Had a ball driving mine around the last hour or so.