got my first chevy!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
got this day before yesterday, ultima gtr ls7 power, 2010 built car for some outfit in arizona,

get-attachment-29.aspx.jpg

get-attachment-30.aspx.jpeg

and in true soroush fashion it looks like this today, I know there is something wrong with me

get-attachment-27.aspx.jpg

get-attachment-25.aspx.jpg

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Bravo, I was looking at those when they came out.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Sweet! What are your plans?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Me likey! 'Always did! :thumbsup:thumbsup

My personal fave, however, is the RCR Superlite SL-C...either LS-7 or LS-9 powered.

MORE PICS!!!

(Edit: 'Obvious question; how does it compare to the FGT?)

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Would be interested in what you are doing and how you like the car
I assume you are not taking it apart to clean it!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
That's VERY nice!
What are you doing to it?
Forced induction maybe.
Edelbrock blower might fit.
Best,
Mark

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
nice.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You could swap out the engine couldn't you ? I love the looks of that one. Congrads.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
295635_42_10908457_42.jpg

295635_17_10908457_17.jpg

295635_47_10908457_47.jpg

295635_44_10908457_44.jpg

thanks guys,

when I got the car I realized there was a rear main seal that was bad so we are addressing that right now, and for your information Ron, yes Im taking this opportunity to clean and detail the engine compartment and redo some of the wiring at the same time. the plan for the car is to put it back to the way it was so no sc or different intake for now, it makes about 500 to the wheels and it weighs around 2200 so its pretty quick I want to get some seat time in it before going big power, also readjusting the suspension and just generally checking everything after all it is a kit car and I want to be safe, I would feel better if my hands were on the car. It feels like a go kart and there is no comparison between this and the gt, you might be able to compare this more to a radical than to a gt. I would describe it as a slightly bigger radical that has the bare bone essentials to make it street legal. Its tube frame chassis with a gel coat body, very light and agile but also feels a bit scary at high speeds but I havent had that much seat time in it and the suspension may need to be adjusted. its a very harsh ride but thats probably because this car has the rose joints. it is a purpose built for the track, it really isnt made for the road although you can drive it on the street, which is the fun part, it is basically your track day car that you can still drive on the street.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You could swap out the engine couldn't you ? I love the looks of that one. Congrads.

yes Tommy I could but there is no reason the engine has 1400 miles on it and it seems to be pretty good motor, when Im ready to bump it up to 800 or 900 then I owuld have to swap it out..

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I always like these too. Very nice Soroush!
John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
when I got the car I realized there was a rear main seal that was bad so we are addressing that right now...

'Typical Chevrolet. :facepalm:

Thanks for the additional pics, Doc!

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Really nice thing congrats. Was on my list but... Got scared in it so walked away. As a fun track/ street car it'll be such fun.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Really nice thing congrats. Was on my list but... Got scared in it so walked away. As a fun track/ street car it'll be such fun.

I have to be honest it feels a bit on the edge especially in sustained high speed straight line, I think partly because the steering is so precise that the smallest amount of input moves the car dramatically,,, so your focus must be 150% when going fast in a straight line its partly that and partly the fact that you know its somehow less that a proper factory built car one that has not had a million engineers testing on it etc etc. but from the little seat time Ive had in it, Im impressed.

Im curious to know what your experience was, and what exactly made you walk away.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
What a great car, even with a Chevy engine. So when are we going to the track?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I really like the looks, awesome, bad ass. Be careful with it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
What a great car, even with a Chevy engine. So when are we going to the track?

we have a track day planned for the 6th, Im hoping to have all back together by then

thanks tommy, I will be careful but you need to talk to Brian, he is going to be driving it too! haha

Last edited:

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
The only reason I let go the ideato get one was It simply scared me in it almost claustrogobic small. Power/weight it's one of the best things out there but I'm afraid my balls aren't big enough to tame the beast.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
That car held the Top Gear track records for quite awhile. I strongly considered one before I bought the GT. Then way you describe it sounds just like the GT40. A lot of power in a very light chassis, go cart feel, very quick and precise, and requires your FULL attention at speed. I don't mean this in a negative way but it makes the GT feel like a boat.

[video=youtube;qdAz2sbUm3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdAz2sbUm3E[/video]

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What a cobbed up, confusing mess that 'test track' is when viewed from inside the car! Or mebbe it's just me...