Good news for 2022 owners ?

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
As a 2022 Heritage allocation, this speculation just adds to my already out of control excitement! This journey has been so much fun and I owe it all to Ford. I couldn’t be more grateful!

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
As a 2022 Heritage allocation, this speculation just adds to my already out of control excitement! This journey has been so much fun and I owe it all to Ford. I couldn’t be more grateful!

Congratulations on the last year Heritage allocation. Have you gotten or heard any speculation on what the last Heritage livery will be? I'm hoping they do the livery where it all started, with the blue/white stripe #73 of Miles/Ruby when it won '65 Daytona and the first ever race win for any GT40. That would be a great and fitting ending. Hoping they show it off this week during Car Week (but probably won't).

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Congratulations on the last year Heritage allocation. Have you gotten or heard any speculation on what the last Heritage livery will be? I'm hoping they do the livery where it all started, with the blue/white stripe #73 of Miles/Ruby when it won '65 Daytona and the first ever race win for any GT40. That would be a great and fitting ending. Hoping they show it off this week during Car Week (but probably won't).
I’m sure this is all a carefully guarded secret - and should be. It just adds to the excitement for me!

Reactions: 06VistaBlueGT

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I’m sure this is all a carefully guarded secret - and should be. It just adds to the excitement for me!
I spoke with the concierge a few days ago. It is still a carefully guarded secret.

That said, the 2021 was revealed a year ago next week. So, hopefully we’ll all know soon!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Who wants to hear all the Heritage details!

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Yes please.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I do!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Do you really have a vista blue gt? Cause I do too!

Attachments

• 0F7643EB-0BB6-4C6E-AF3A-3813D7B427B6.jpeg
    0F7643EB-0BB6-4C6E-AF3A-3813D7B427B6.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago

DBK we are still waiting ....... lot of fake news on yahoo right now.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
1628766165368.gif
Details on the 2022 Ford GT '64 Prototype Heritage Edition have been shared online. Here is a link to Ford’s announcement.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Do you really have a vista blue gt? Cause I do too!

LoL, I only wish. The screen name is for my 2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT, lol. I'm only a fan of the car as I was selling Fords from 1997-2020 and was around the Ford GT a lot as my small dealership got #193 in 2005 and I have several friends who have them (a few are forum members).

You painted your GT Vista Blue? Isn't it a gorgeous shade of blue? I absolutely love the color of my car! Especially since adding painted LeMans stripes to it. 👍 I'd love more pics of your car.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
LoL, I only wish. The screen name is for my 2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT, lol. I'm only a fan of the car as I was selling Fords from 1997-2020 and was around the Ford GT a lot as my small dealership got #193 in 2005 and I have several friends who have them (a few are forum members).

You painted your GT Vista Blue? Isn't it a gorgeous shade of blue? I absolutely love the color of my car! Especially since adding painted LeMans stripes to it. 👍 I'd love more pics of your car.

Yes I painted my blk car vista blue 9 years ago. First it had a tungsten heritage stripe and now it is solid blue.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Darn, they forgot to include the V8 or the aero kit in the PR for the "final year of production." So there you have it (or rather, at least some of it), for the "final year of production."

I think that silver car designation is TT5, which was the first aesthetic mule for the original Comp series. An engineer brought it by one day early in the program. Marketing has most or maybe all of the leftover cars at this point, so if there's someone from the actual program team with a legit reason to drive one, it's probably that one.

62E8426C-2C0A-42F9-B584-392AF9177F2E.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

All that tape on the rockers is covering NACA ducts that got cut into that for air inlet a couple years ago that never got used (mkII stuff). Those goofy exhaust pipes are the test setup, so that you can hook up a dump pipe with a V-band clamp to them in a closed test room and not spew fumes everywhere. The oil cap is...the normal oil cap just without the shroud around it.

I honestly have no idea why the car was being driven around other than to say if there was any engineering shit being done at this point, the last thing I heard about involving any engineering was some California-related emissions issue for which there was no waiver for that required a hardware change. Seeing cars like this driving around here is just normal. I see a bunch of mules every single day from every company in the area. It's easy to take a pic and post clickbait saying "our top secret sources say something super secret is occurring!" Or some dude from Roush got the opportunity to take a test car to Chipotle.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great livery

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
And just as it started in 1964 it now comes to an end. What next?

Ed

Reactions: canibl

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
And just as it started in 1964 it now comes to an end. What next?

Ed

Lots of wonderful memories.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Saw a You Tube video - I don't know the date - about a 7.3 liter V8 in the GT. Showed alleged prototype photo(s). Highly doubtful, to say the least, but wonder if anyone saw the same post - or whatever the hell you call it- on You Tube, whatever the hell that is.

Tangent. 6.2 l in my F350 is a real dog. Anyone know if 7.3 Godzilla would be a plug-and-play swap. Love to do that and put a NOS " 427 with crossed flags "insignia from '63 on the fender.