Good news for 2022 owners ?

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Interesting and cool... If I were to guess its an aftermarket upgrade path offered by Multimatic...

According to the article "We’ve reached out to Ford for comment, and they claim that this GT is “not Ford Motor Company property.” Which likely means it belongs to Multimatic, which builds the supercar for Ford in Markham, Ontario."

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No, all non-cosmetic changes to the car have been made. That car is one of the old olive green mules.

Last edited:

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
It would be a cool add-on but not sure I would enjoy it since I drive on the street and like to know what's behind me whenever possible.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I suppose I’m just gonna have to be happy with what I have! To put it in perspective. Just remember how lucky you felt to get allocated a GT!!
Be happy with what you have,not with what you don’t!
serenity now….

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Clickbait.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I always wanted one of the raw test mules with the auto parts store trailer tail lights. I know they will be most likely be fed into a tree chipper, but if Ford wants to put one in a good retirement home, look me up! 😎

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
I always wanted one of the raw test mules with the auto parts store trailer tail lights. I know they will be most likely be fed into a tree chipper, but if Ford wants to put one in a good retirement home, look me up! 😎

Put my hat in the ring for that one.....I find the test mule has a lot of the new Ford GT history in it and should be preserved.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I drive on the street and like to know what's behind me whenever possible.

In a Ford GT, that's just about everything...

Reactions: Apollo

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

Special K you need to keep attending Dave's FGT rallies. At rally 2 in Las Vegas, Ford auctioned off the 2005/2006 CP/mule cars to the highest bidder. As Chip says, bring lots of $20's....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ That was a very fun event.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Was fun! Only regret is not pooling our money and sharing ownership of one of the mule cars! Haha. I remember that auction.

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
It seems to be confirmed…

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Not sure if motor1 a real authority, but damn would that be cool if true. Hope it is for the 2022 guys.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'd be shocked if the NTSB would allow a car without any rear view mirror visibility on a public road... I could be wrong and I love the look, but I doubt it.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I'd be shocked if the NTSB would allow a car without any rear view mirror visibility on a public road... I could be wrong and I love the look, but I doubt it.

Easily overcome with technology today.

Reactions: Roadtrip

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Easily overcome with technology today.

I agree with this statement. But to be fair, I am not familiar with NTSB protocol DOT requirements... Neither of these agencies make it easy to manufacture a production street vehicle. With all the crazy rules, it's a miracle we're not all driving around a big styrofoam cooler that doesn't exceed 20mph these days. The hurdles could be prohibitive?

I'll let someone more versed in the subject than me, to pipe in on this one. :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can assure you, it is not. The deadline for any substantive performance changes to the car came and went years ago. I would be willing to take any and all monetary bets on this topic and I will give you incredible odds!

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I can assure you, it is not. The deadline for any substantive performance changes to the car came and went years ago. I would be willing to take any and all monetary bets on this topic and I will give you incredible odds!

*Mic dropped*

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
On that note, I bet there is a market for mm to make an air scoop kit with water sprayer. Just a thought?!

Reactions: Roadtrip