Genuine Ford Racing Cat Delete Pipes

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Recently removed these on a California car in favor of re-installing the cats. These are the real "Ford Racing" cat delete pipes and they have been jet-hot coated. With the coating and lack of catalytic back-pressure, under clamshell temperature are reduced substantially. Less than 500 miles. Like new. $1600 + shipping.

IMG_5909.jpg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Boy, I'm tempted. Too loud for the owner?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Boy, I'm tempted. Too loud for the owner?

Probably emissions

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Yeah, emissions. In terms of sound, these are REALLY great in conjunction with an x-pipe from Heffner or Accufab.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I have the cool tech exhaust, which is pretty loud already (but sounds awesome)!. Just noticed the url in your footer--so you should be pretty knowledgeable. Would these do anything for me?

Kenneth

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have these cat delete pipe with a Borla muffler. I used to run it with a Accufab cat back, but for me it was too loud. My subjective opinion is that it was 70% as loud FRPP or stainless works headers when cruising around and 80 to 90% as loud at high RPM and WOT.

I think they are great pipes that saves weight and lowers flow restriction, just have to match them up with a cat back system that meets your sound needs.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The biggest advantages are going to be substantially less under-clamshell heat. (The CATs are very large and by design get very hot.) Conversely, these pipes have much better flow (less heat), and are jet hot coated (less heat). There's also going to be a modest weight reduction. In terms of power... I think very, very modest increase if anything. (Our cats are really good.) As for sound, it's all subjective. If you already have an x-pipe, then sound volume will increase maybe 15-20%. No where even in the same ballpark as the loudness of the rear exit headers but they do have an increase over a "catted" set-up.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I love mine. Great sound plus.

If i recall correctly, when you install, watch that the nearby starter doesnt come in close contact

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
I have a Stillen X pipe on My GT and have thought about going with the full Ford Racing rear exit header system but my concern has been the car will be to loud. A forum member fired his up at the second annual rally and I remember it was extremely loud. Outside of the lower temps and reduced weight do you see the rear exit header giving that much more power on a GT with a pulley and tune?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have a Stillen X pipe on My GT and have thought about going with the full Ford Racing rear exit header system but my concern has been the car will be to loud. A forum member fired his up at the second annual rally and I remember it was extremely loud. Outside of the lower temps and reduced weight do you see the rear exit header giving that much more power on a GT with a pulley and tune?

No, but it will sound more powerful. :biggrin