Geiger Cars Ford GT

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
This was in today's Sunday Times (popular UK Sunday newspaper), hope the link works....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/in_the_showroom/article6966958.ece

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Said "hello" to a barrier at 174mph...and the driver came out okay. :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

I can think of at least one other exotic that pbly would have ended up in 2 pieces or worse. And the driver....................?:willy

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Color me gone.

Gentlemen,

I'm pretty sure it was the Lambo color that caused the problem. That GT wanted to be repainted! After my 6 day stay at Heffner I am convinced that Lime Green, Safety Orange, Neon Blue and a host of other psychedelic colors that look good on Lamborghinis, look awful on any other car except for the Dodge Challenger. I don't know why that's the case, but that's my take on it.

Chip

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Gentlemen,

I'm pretty sure it was the Lambo color that caused the problem. That GT wanted to be repainted! After my 6 day stay at Heffner I am convinced that Lime Green, Safety Orange, Neon Blue and a host of other psychedelic colors that look good on Lamborghinis, look awful on any other car except for the Dodge Challenger. I don't know why that's the case, but that's my take on it.

Chip

Agreed.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Gentlemen,

Chip

Agreed also.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Wonder how they "only" got 779hp out of the 4.0L? Maybe the exhaust is too restrictive?

Mine is putting out 810 albeit with racing headers.

Those wheels look OK ...but....they use spacers front and rear to get the offset/backspace right.

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Gentlemen,

Chip

Agreed...I have a Green Lambo but it would look terrible on my GT!

Attachments

• IMG00083-20091227-1422.jpg
    IMG00083-20091227-1422.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 761

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Nice! Is that the real low mile Green one that Bentley / Lambo GOLD COAST had about a month ago?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tell us about them.

UB2,

THAT....is an impressive pair of cars. Perhaps you could do a short writeup for us comparing the performance, handeling, and relative merits of both as you see it. I always love to read the views of an owner who has multiple sports cars. I find such info of more value than a magazine test done by non owners. WMitty has written some outstanding posts about his collection.

Chip

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Nice! Is that the real low mile Green one that Bentley / Lambo GOLD COAST had about a month ago?

Shelby,

Yes it is...I bought it with a little over 3,000 miles. It is in like new condition and runs great! Fun car but not as fun as the Ford GT. So far, I like the Ford GT better. After I drive the Lambo a bit more and get equally familiar as I am with the Ford, I will post a comparison review as requested by Chip.

Thanks,

Rich