Future Ford GT First Look

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This subject should make for some lively discussions out by the pool and bar :)

Mar 15, 2006
Great news!!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'd be a buyer. I'll begin to believe when we learn of a dealer willing to take a deposit.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Because there are very connected people on here that know for sure, and are not negating anything, like they have consistently in the past.

Doesn't this come up about twice a year? How is this different from the last time?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Perhaps these rumors will fuel a mass purging by those waiting to cash in on the GT. After the market is flooded, I'll finally be able to buy a second one!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Perhaps these rumors will fuel a mass purging by those waiting to cash in on the GT. After the market is flooded, I'll finally be able to buy a second one!

I'd wager that it will be priced comparably to the competition. The price will further limit the market.

I wonder if it will be a hybrid like the 918?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

My thoughts, exactly! Lol.

Reactions: bonehead

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'd wager that it will be priced comparably to the competition. The price will further limit the market.

I wonder if it will be a hybrid like the 918?

Or like the Asterion:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lamborghini-reveals-910-hp-hybrid-asterion-2014-10-02

Treviso

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Holy Crap! Unreal...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Let it BE!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Because there are very connected people on here that know for sure, and are not negating anything, like they have consistently in the past.

Ding! ding! ding! Chicken dinner for man!:thumbsup

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I'm right behind you!

Reactions: bonehead

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Can We lobby the Ford Camp to give owners of Gen 1 cars the first crack at the Gen 2 cars at list price :biggrin

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I wouldn't count on the the FGT's value dropping - or the market flooding with cheap FGT's either. I think you're all still gonna have to pay full pin for one of them...

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
There will be 3 Ford GTs at the Mecum Chicago auction next week one of them being the red 300 mile car that has already been to auction twice earlier this year. It will be interesting to see what happens.

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Just like F40 values crashed after the F50 was introduced. Wait, F40 values crashed after the Enzo was introduced.......nevermind.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Can We lobby the Ford Camp to give owners of Gen 1 cars the first crack at the Gen 2 cars at list price :biggrin

I like this idea. Ford could have a significant number of cars pre-sold to existing GT owners; even before production begins. That would show a great deal of confidence in the new car from opinion-leading consumers and be a great PR coup for Ford, "Existing Ford GT owners like their cars so much that x hundred put a deposit on the new car." This would certainly help to ensure that the new car would sell-out quickly and reduce market demand risk for the car. It just has to look great to ensure demand from existing owners (i.e. get busy Camillo!) Oh, and Dave should get a sales commission.

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
+1 on the F40 example. Other examples include: Porsche 993, Corvette C2 and Jaguar E-Type. All were replaced by "more advanced" vehicles. And none of those replacements have held a candle to the value of their predecessors. The next mid-engine Ford (remember, it might not even be called "GT") will likely be very cool. But between legislative, emissions and safety requirements it won't be a "replacement" for what Ford did with the 2005-2006 GT. I think we'd all agree the styling alone will be nearly impossible to eclipse. Someone already used the "lightning" and "bottle" metaphor in this discussion, and they are right.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I hope it pans out! I will definitely have to have one. Pre-purchase... Great idea!