Fuse box access 2020 in order to energize enough to open door

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Hello. I only post after extensive searches, so I apologize if this has been posted before. My 2020 has a dead battery and the charger (2 different ones) go into fault mode after about 20 seconds- after waking the battery with reset button. I can't open door as window is all the way up. Trying to access frunk to jump start. My question is: how to open the fuse box in the engine compartment to access that positive post next to it?? It looks like it opens from right side (passenger) of vehicle and hinges on the left. I can't see the right side so I am feeling around and can't find any release clip. I don't want to break off any tabs or anything so I thought I would enquire. I would consider myself a decent mechanic, engine rebuilds etc. but this is making me feel like a mo-mo!
UPDATE! Sorry, I tried to delete this post after I got stronger readers, a flashlight and I laid down on the fender, I figured it out. In case anyone else has this problem- its just 2 clips, left and right, that pull outwards and you can lift the fuse box cover up. It takes some finagling to remove it as the tab of the carbon fiber on the back still protrudes over the cover. (at least on mine) Then the little cover that is over the spot you need to put the booster on has the same clips. WARNING: take care on removing that little cover as mine dropped down around the engine and it was not easy to locate and retrieve! Also, I still couldn't get the window to drop down with only the booster even though it is a very large one, I still had to wake the battery with the charger in the cig lighter in the back. I only had a few seconds to do this so best to have someone poised by door to open it when you hit the reset on the charger. My battery is so dead that it throws charger into fault mode quickly. I drove the car 10 days ago and I cannot find anything that was left on that would drain the battery so low. I failed to hook up the tender nor did I open my window like I usually do. My FOB was not close to the car. The certified GT mechanic told me he has replaced several batteries-I have seen the posts so include me in the faulty battery category.
Got it jumped and now I have a "transmission fault" warning on display and the R flashes when you select it-won't go into reverse or drive. I suppose it will clear up with proper battery voltage.

Last edited: