Fun with Fords in Oahu

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Rented a convertible mustang in Hawaii and actually was able to tote my family of four around. My wife (5'4") squeezed into the back seat behind me. Drove all around the island with the convertible down and had a blast.

Was a nice surprise to see this gorgeous red beauty in the Velocity Motorsports showroom of Honolulu.

How stunning does it look? More than holding it's own against anything from the time period to present day. We are so lucky to own and enjoy this legendary work of art.

Also a nice Maserati MC20 in the same showroom.

IMG_4098.jpgIMG_3945.jpgIMG_3948.jpgIMG_4102.jpg

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
My wife and I married in Maui, so the islands hold a special place in our hearts. What a great way to tour around and cool to find the unicorn (GT) there!

Reactions: SYCO GT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hawaii is beautiful but it is the only place I have ever driven where the normal flow of traffic is 25mph below the speed limit.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hilo Dave's car?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hawaii is beautiful but it is the only place I have ever driven where the normal flow of traffic is 25mph below the speed limit.

That's one of the ways what the natives refer to as "Polynesian paralysis" manifests itself! ;-)
Wifey and I lived over there for 3 or 4 years back in the late 1960's and traffic was insufferable then.
I can't even begin to imagine how bad it must be now...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That's one of the ways what the natives refer to as "Polynesian paralysis" manifests itself! ;-)
Wifey and I lived over there for 3 or 4 years back in the late 1960's and traffic was insufferable then.
I can't even begin to imagine how bad it must be now...

I was told it was "Island Time".

That's great if you are on the beach.

Driving? No.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Hilo Dave's car?
Hilo Dave's GT is headed to Victoria, B.C.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good, thanks Jeff.
I can see now it is not Dave's car. This one has the original tires.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
FYI. I did a family vacation to Maui in December. Traffic on Maui was moderate and not slow. I was able to drive the speed limit+ almost all the time, anywhere on the island. Even the “Road to Hana” and loop around the south shore of Haleakala back to Kihei was light. Now, we passed through Oahu in the way back for a couple days, and that was typical big city traffic.

Reactions: dshears