FS: 1965 Mustang vintage race car (GA)

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
1965 Ford Mustang coupe vintage race car. $35K OBO

The build of the car started in 1994. The entire suspension was rebuilt and new floor pans and the left fender was replaced due to rust (no rust currently).

In 1997 the car was delivered to Robinson Racing in Alpharetta, GA for race car fabrication. A cage was installed (seat is bolted to the cage). An aluminum dash was added, two electric fuel pumps, fuel cell (bladder recently replaced). I have the receipt from RR for $15,162.

The car has 10 Torque-Trust wheels (4 used, 4 new/scruffed, & 2 with street tires). Many extra parts are included. The wheels are period correct 15"X7".

The engine has a new FRRP Sportsman block, forged steel crank, forged rods, new piston, Crane valve train (with girdle), and iron 351W heads. The engine has 4 weekends on it. It was built by a noted Atlanta engine builder (who you can call).

It has a toploader 4-speed, 8" rear with a 3:79 spool diff. The front brakes are K-H calipers with Wilwood rotors. The rear has period correct drums. It has a panhard bar.

It was first raced at The HSR Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta in 1995. It just completed the HSR Sebring Fall Challenge (12/2006). It is well sorted and ready for the 2007 season. It qualified on the front row at the 2006 Walter Mitty. It competes in the HSR FIA class. It also has competed in SVRA and is completely SVRA legal (it's period correct). It also has competed in a few NASA events. It is on its fourth logbook. I have receipts for over $50K (not including the original cost of the car). It has a GA registration and current tag (although it has no headlights or turn signals).

I plan to race next year in a "fly-in and drive car".

Mitty06.jpg

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
65_hotrod.jpg

Rd%20Atl-NASA-2004.jpg