FRPP vs STILLEN exhaust

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
OK,
It has come down to the wire , I have decided that I will go with either the Ford long tube headers & the Ford racing muffler OR the Stillen exhaust & the cat delete racing pipes. I need to decide in the next day or two..
So it all comes down to all of you guys out there, and thats how I am going to make my decision ..
Most of all, I am looking for the best sounding system ect.ect.
I do like a car that sounds strong and deep ! But not crazy loud.

If there is anyone that lives in the CT- NJ- NY- MA area with either system, I would like to hear it if possible ...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Sounds to me either way, your about to purchase crazy loud!:lol

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Don't forget there is the stainless works system out there also.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Let me tell you, the long tube headers with ford racing muffler is loud, and I love it. Just to see people turning aound to see whats coming at them. And then the jaw drop.:thumbsup Oh did I mention the flames.:willy

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I just sold one of these www.fordgtexhaust.com to some one running the headers and got banned from a track for being too loud. Solved his problem and can be switched from open to muffled in a minute. At WOT with pulley dropped sound 6db. This was not the intended design but never the less it worked out. The system is really designed for CAT back service.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
The great thing about "crazy loud" is it's totally subjective! :thumbsup

I have the Stillen exhaust with stock cats. To me, it is perfect, but if I added the cat delete race pipes from Stillen, then that would be "crazy loud".:biggrin

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
I just installed "Jet Hot" coated FRPP long tube headers (M-9430-GT)connected to the stock muffler. The "Jet Hot" coating does work to keep engine bay heat down. The muffler seems to run cooler also. The exhaust sound is perfect for me, and all those locally who have heard the combination. They love it...not too loud, comfortable inside and sounds great when you get on it. Very little "header noise" with the coating, if any I can detect. Very minimal backfire. I did a lot of research, particularly on the noise/loudness issue. Noise is for racing, not on the street for my comfort...but that is my personal opinion. Only drawback for me is the weight of the stock muffler...if someone offered a light version which controlled the sound with no increase in back pressure, I'd buy it (the cat back tubes seem to run around 13 lbs., versus the stock muffler's 56 lbs. or so). Unfortunately, without cats, the "cat backs" are very very loud. StainlessWorks system is also very loud, as is FRPP long tube headers with the optional lighter 42 lb. FRPP Racing Muffler (M-5230-GT). The FRPP Rear Exit Headers (M-9430-GTX) are also very loud. Sound preference is certainly an individual choice here.

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
I just installed "Jet Hot" coated FRPP long tube headers (M-9430-GT)connected to the stock muffler. The "Jet Hot" coating does work to keep engine bay heat down. The muffler seems to run cooler also. The exhaust sound is perfect for me, and all those locally who have heard the combination. They love it...not too loud, comfortable inside and sounds great when you get on it. Very little "header noise" with the coating, if any I can detect. Very minimal backfire. I did a lot of research, particularly on the noise/loudness issue. Noise is for racing, not on the street for my comfort...but that is my personal opinion. Only drawback for me is the weight of the stock muffler...if someone offered a light version which controlled the sound with no increase in back pressure, I'd buy it (the cat back tubes seem to run around 13 lbs., versus the stock muffler's 56 lbs. or so). Unfortunately, without cats, the "cat backs" are very very loud. StainlessWorks system is also very loud, as is FRPP long tube headers with the optional lighter 42 lb. FRPP Racing Muffler (M-5230-GT). The FRPP Rear Exit Headers (M-9430-GTX) are also very loud. Sound preference is certainly an individual choice here.

Do you know which is louder >> and more HP
FRPP cat delete pipes with the FRPP muffler
or
Long tube headers with the FRPP muffler

Thanks

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I have heard the SW and it is loud with authority. I would not want to have to tippy toe around this on on the street.

The FRP with FRP Borla is not quite as loud IMO. But if I am going for Loud I like the SW combo.

The Cat delete pipes have mufflers in place of the cats from what I see. But have heard from a couple folks that these and the Borla FRP muffler combined are pretty sweet. Give Jack a buzz at Muscle Motors, I think he has heard them all. He may also have the HP info you are looking for. He is a forum vendor and sells all the systems as well.