Front Licence Plate Mount

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Any tips on how to mount a licence plate in the front.
I would rather not do it but don't want want to get a ticket from the uniformed tax collectors in the Peoples Republic of NJ.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Some laws were meant to be broken.

But seriously, it's not a moving violation so it won't go against your insurance or your driving record. I've had several cars that were just too nice or sporty to run a front plate on and I have never been stopped or given a ticket for it. Texas cops have more important things to do than waste their time and mine on minor crap. New Jersey cops may think different.

Just pay the fine and call it the cost of owning one of the finest cars in the world.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I feel pretty much the same way. I specifically told my dealer not to install the front plate mount when my GT came in, and they happily obliged. I've heard of other people getting pulled over and ticketed in the People's Republic of California for no front plate, but I'm willing to risk it (so far so good -- since August 23rd).

Of course now I'll get a ticket because I posted this...

Like saying "I haven't been sick in a long time..."

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I did mine like this..... It's a small plate and on an angle. It uses the very strong double sided tape to mount.

Attachments

• EPSN1044 copy.jpg
    EPSN1044 copy.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 304

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
PS - Yes, I know.....

I'm still working on the paperwork for V8 WMD. A slow process.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
NJGT, if you put that plate on i will drive over the gwb bridge to take it off when your sleeping!!! then i will put that plate on the front of your mini van next to the other plate so youll get 2 tickets instead of the one, get it , got it ,good!! ONLY PLAYING BUT,DONT DO IT , THE COPS EVEN IN JERSEY WONT BOTHER YOU , I THINK THEY WOULD GIVE YOU A TICKET IF YOU PUT THE THING ON!!! :biggrin :lol :biggrin WAIT A MINUTE , I JUST LOOKED IN MY BOOK , YOU HAVENT EMAILED YOUR INFO YET TO ME ABOUT THE RALLY, LOCAL CLUB ECT. YOU KNOW WHAT , PUT THE PLATE ON SO WHEN WE GO TO WIXOM WE CANT LOSE YOU ON THE HIGHWAY, THAT PLATE WILL STAND OUT FOR MILES..... :lol :lol :lol :thumbsup ONLY FOOLIN, ENJOY GTJOEY 1314 P.S.EMAIL ME YOUR STATS , ONLY GT WITH FRONT PLATE TEE HEE :thumbsup

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
GT Joey I'am with you, please don't put that plate on your car. I've got the masks and black shoe polish for disguise. we will sneak over and remove. LOL

shor

GT Owner
Apr 30, 2006
nj
I have to have the front plate installed, even if only temporary, to pass my nj new car inspection.

i have used zip ties before, just to pass, on other cars, but i cant even find anything to hang down from on this gt??

any suggestions?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
You can make a bracket out of thin metal sold at home depot. It is about an inch wide, and about 1/16"-1/8" thick, and has holes. It is very easy to work with, and can bend in many positions. Just cut it to length with tin snips, and use velcro. You can mount it anywhere under the car, like on the underside of the front lip, and just undo it when you don't need it. I used to do that with my custom cars when I got a fix-it ticket.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I never went through with the front plate - the Ridgewood NJ inspection station said don't bother putting front plates on a car this nice. They were car guys and enjoyed checking out the GT.

Put your plate on the dashboard when the local revenue collectors pull you over and tell them there was no factory provision for a front plate.

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
front licience plate

shor said:
I have to have the front plate installed, even if only temporary, to pass my nj new car inspection.

i have used zip ties before, just to pass, on other cars, but i cant even find anything to hang down from on this gt??

any suggestions?
Try usung the tow hook. you may have to drill the left screw hole on the plate bigger but it should mount ig well enough to get you threw the inspection. I got a lackof front licence plate parking ticket in south pasadina, ca. while parked in a private drive way front facing in in my porsche. the fine print on the ticket $70 was that if i got the fixit ticket signed off and mailed in within 10 days only send a check for $10. So I duc taped the plate to the front went to the local sheriffs got it signed off then mailed in the $10. then I used xylol to get the resadue of the tape off the car. perhapes we could get a stidkes with the plate # and get it passed.
Fly GT40