Formula 1

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Glock was on dry tires in the rain and ran a faster lap on the last lap than Trulli who was the only other driver on dry tires at the time. He didn't pull over for Hamilton. He just didn't have the traction.

Hamilton (and Alonso) gifted the championship to Ferrari last year in the last two races. I'm glad McLaren got to redeem themselves this year - especially in light of the absurd calls of the stewards throughout the course of this season - especially in Belgium.

As for the post above equating Lewis Hamilton's rear ender on Kimi in the pits to Schumacher intentionally attempting to run someone off the road in the last race of the season ... someone must really be a Lewis hater to make that illogical leap. Hamilton was looking at his steering wheel settings, his team did not tell him the pit exit was closed, and he absolutely did himself no favors by running into Kimi. No way it was intentional.

Without that gaffe he finishes that race in second at the worst... which would have meant that he would have had a 15 point lead going into the Brazil race (instead of 7) (or more considering that he wouldn't have been given the grid spot penalty for the next race) and the driver's championship would have already been decided.

The FIA/stewards handed out some really boneheaded penalties to Lewis (Belgium) and others (Bourdais to give Massa a point he didn't deserve) this year, but even they weren't willing to say that Lewis did anything other than lose his situational awareness in the excitement of exiting the pits when he hit Kimi.

Should they have kicked Nico Rosberg out of the championship this year too? He rear ended a car in precisely the same manner in the same incident. Or is there some reason for a double standard?

I totally agree with what you say, and overall Lewis Hamilton was the best driver and deserved to win the title.

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
Congrats to Lewis Hamilton.

Going forward, it seems to me that many changes are occurring in F-1. And can these budgets survive the global economic climate?
:confused

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Hamilton is a very aggressive driver.This is why he's the champ!

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I am a fan of just about every form of motorsport except Formula 1. I have a great respect for the engineers that build the cars and the drivers that pilot them but I find F1 too boring. Many of the races I have watched recently have simply been games of "follow the leader."

With that being said, I did happen to catch this race and I did find it very exciting. I really don't have a favorite F1 driver and to be honest, I was surprised to see that many of the guys I used to follow are not even driving anymore...Yea, it's been that long since I've watched...

At the end of the day, Lewis Hamilton is a fantastic driver. Did anyone see the Top Gear episode where he raced the cheap car around the Top Gear track? In wet conditions and with gear oil on the track he was faster than most of the other F1 drivers who ran the track in dry conditions.