Ford Plane Factory

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The time is June 1941, just months before Pearl Harbor !

Henry Ford determined that he could mass produce bombers just as he had done with cars, built at Willow Run Assembly plant in Michigan

and proved it.

At the time, It was the world's largest building under one roof.

This film will absolutely blow you away; one B-24, each with over a million parts, assembled every 55 minutes . . .

Ford had their own pilots to test them and they had no recalls!

HITLER HAD NO IDEA THE U.S. WAS CAPABLE OF THIS KIND OF THING.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKlt6rNciTo?rel=0

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Read this
http://www.amazon.com/Arsenal-Democ...0YK_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457411272&sr=1-2

It's coming up on my catch up list. He also wrote go like hell about Shelby and the gt40

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Neat. Just finished reading "Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War" by Karen Abbott. It was very good.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I used to her a from him by email but haven't for a whild. He was an editor at playboy but is no longer listed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I was at Willow Run last week.....As many of you know, my Dad was a B-24 Pilot. Flew 23 missions. Crashed three (3).

The Yankee Air Museum has purchased the last remaining portion of the original Bomber plant.... 144,000 Ft2.
I was in the Building and it is massive. It will house the Museum , one B-52 and several other static planes...
Renovation starts soon.

I have also donated my dad's WWII records to the Museum for safe-keeping and display.

andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Neat video. The USA was the single largest manufacturer of munitions in WWII. We alone produced more than 100,000 aircraft than both Germany and Japan combined. Arsenal of Democracy.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Seems that Ford has a knack to make anything fly!