GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dave,
Any discussion of annual production capability at Multimatic for the Ford GT and the ramping up of production in 2016-17?
Better yet does this mean more Ford GT's to be allocated to Canadian passport holders?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They aren't detailing anything yet, but needless to say, Multimatic is not a high volume vehicle constructor. Another piece to the puzzle given out that this will not be a 4,000 unit run.

I don't think they give bonus for Canadian citizenship, but you never know. :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They aren't detailing anything yet, but needless to say, Multimatic is not a high volume vehicle constructor. Another piece to the puzzle given out that this will not be a 4,000 unit run.

I don't think they give bonus for Canadian citizenship, but you never know. :lol

I would have been more surprised had it NOT been Multimac.

This is likely the origin of the small volumes expected for the cars.

It's also a good thing for the production - the decision to make a race version or a street version is a fork in the line.

DBK, does this apply to body only or is it complete assembly including interior details and power train?

Sure do like that silver color!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
The Multimatic manufacturing facility is about 15 miles from the farm I grew up on.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
They will probably struggle to build even 300 cars a year.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
How do we get on the list? Anything on who will be selling the GT? Dealers, etc. Any priority for prior GT owners? Hope so!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How do we get on the list? Anything on who will be selling the GT? Dealers, etc. Any priority for prior GT owners? Hope so!!

This has been discussed elsewhere but you should start by contact a VERY LARGE VOLUME dealer. But here's the rest of the story. If it is true that there are only going to be 300 or so cars a year, that means roughly 1 dealer in 10 is going to get one. Reduce that total by some allocation to "the rest of the world" and that number goes down even more (well, really up, say 1 in 12 or 13). So it means only the largest dealers will probably see a car. Many of those very large dealers also have large collections and are likely to keep the one car they get for themselves. Some of the largest of the large may even see more than one. But the unofficial lists started being built when the car was announced a few weeks ago.

I'm told I was the first on a list that is worth the paper it is not written on until the order bank opens.

Good luck :)

Or get your big bucket of money, put your charity donation hat on, and go to Barrett Jackson. I'd be willing to bet that the right to one of the first cars will be auctioned at Scottsdale in Jan 2016 (at the earliest) or Jan 2017 (most likely).

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

:thumbsup i really like your line of thinking :biggrin

Damn does it look hot in silver :thumbsup

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I think I will drive over there and apply for a job. Test driver or janitor.
Payment------------ one FGTE

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yeah I got on Multimatics website/email list sometime back when I heard they would be involved. So I sent them an email saying I heard so and they emailed back saying yes "interesting things will be happening here" so stay tuned

And I'm a bit partial to the Silver :)

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
was at the Toronto International Auto Show last night and the blue car was on display here. So there is a silver black stripe on display in Chicago. Maybe a few more are out and about.
Yes its true Multimatic will be building these. Confirmed to me by Ford directly to me.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
No word yet on when the GT Guys/Denis & Rich will be called in to problem solve.:lol

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
When I read the above, I believe the chances of getting one are few......