FORD GT tire specs

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Who is running extreme tires and what is the limit of tire size for front and rear tires on the FGT? Saw a PM on the Nitto NT01, but this sounds like a track tire only. Anyone running larger than 19 inches on the rear without problems of sidewall rubbing? Would like to see what owners consider the best tire for the GT on the road?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Front F1 Eagles are:
235x45ZRx18

Rear F1 Eagles are:
315x40ZRx19

anything below 45 on the front and I will not be able to clear my driveway.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Front Michelin PS2's are:
245/40 Z 18

Rear PS2's are:
345/30 Z 19

Dramatic increase in acceleration. Better traction. Lower, muscular stance - rear wheel/tire height is 1.7 " shorter. Speedo runs 10% faster than actual speed (easily correctable0 :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Front PS2's 275/35 Z 19
Rear PS2's 335/30 Z 20

I concur with Kirby on the speedo, I use the GPS speed reading feature. When I do my next series of mods have to make adjustments for the speedo.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
not track tires but

20s front and22s rear,P Zeros

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Are these mounted on the stock wheels?

Front Michelin PS2's are:
245/40 Z 18

Rear PS2's are:
345/30 Z 19

Dramatic increase in acceleration. Better traction. Lower, muscular stance - rear wheel/tire height is 1.7 " shorter. Speedo runs 10% faster than actual speed (easily correctable0 :cheers

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Any problem finding the PS2s? I can't find them at Tirerack.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Anybody with an update on Hoosiers? Pro's Con's

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Hit the search button above, lots of great info on them:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Who is running extreme tires and what is the limit of tire size for front and rear tires on the FGT?

When you use the term "extreme" are you referring to the (A) compound; or are you referring to (B) sidewall profile?

You want no lower than a 45 aspect ratio in front?

I am looking for a stickier street compound in identical to stock sizes, since I have a steep driveway and currently clear it by about 1/4 inch with the stock F1 tires.

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Syco GT, I have to use trailer ramps now to get my car in the garage, hence my low mileage to date. If I go lower than 45 my problem will get worse.

Anyone tried the Nitto INVO tire?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm thinking about the Pirelli Corsa system...to those who are running this, what front tire size did you go with?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Are these mounted on the stock wheels?

My PS2's are mounted on the stock wheels which are optimum for a 345's.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Any problem finding the PS2s? I can't find them at Tirerack.

PS2's are generally difficult to find in 345's; I got mine at a high performance tire place in Atlanta. One Forum member was able to get them at Costco. If you have no luck, call Gary Port, Butler Tire, Atlanta (770) 973-8622. He ships tires all over the country.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I'm thinking about the Pirelli Corsa system...to those who are running this, what front tire size did you go with?

Gordo (FB GT40) has Pirelli's with 345's on the rear, which is another difficult tire to find.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas

Ive had mine for about a month.

Cons - got a flat with only 3 miles and had to order a new rear. Friday night, one of the tires was down to 14psi for some reason. I pumped it back up to 30 and its holding air. Dunno what caused that.

Pros - Ive got 605rwhp and I can nail it in 1st gear in 50 degree weather and not even a chirp. Waiting for the bigger whipple to come out. If it werent for the Hoosiers, I wouldnt add any more power to this car. I havent pushed the car too much with the tires because of winter.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Any member usning the Nitto NT01 on the street?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Ive had mine for about a month.

Cons - got a flat with only 3 miles and had to order a new rear. Friday night, one of the tires was down to 14psi for some reason. I pumped it back up to 30 and its holding air. Dunno what caused that.

Pros - Ive got 605rwhp and I can nail it in 1st gear in 50 degree weather and not even a chirp. Waiting for the bigger whipple to come out. If it werent for the Hoosiers, I wouldnt add any more power to this car. I havent pushed the car too much with the tires because of winter.

Kumar,

Do the R6's flatspot after sitting easily?

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
My PS2's are mounted on the stock wheels which are optimum for a 345's.

Kirby...I think if you check Michelin and Tire Rack's sites you will find the rear 345/30-19 tires will fit much better on a 13" wide rim versus the stock 11.5" rim. Run over some talcum powder on your driveway and see how much of the tread picks up the color. If you haven't taken some camber out of your suspension, I would bet you are also riding more on the inside edge of the tire. Even with 13" rims on my car, I had to take a fair amount of negative camber out of both front and rear stock settings to get the maximum tread face flat to the ground. I am running 10" wide rims on the front with 275/35-18 Michelins. The 2006/7 Viper settings were used as a guideline, then a reasonable amount of negative camber to retain good cornering adhesion without lifting the inside edge too much. The company I got the rims from has tested the setup specs with Michelin ZP tires (Same as I have and close to what the Viper uses) at easily over 1 G on a skidpad. They feel excellent to me when I've pushed the car reasonably through a cloverleaf. Wouldn't be without the ZP tires...I feel comfortable driving anywhere! You can see the setup at www.fordgtsupercar.com . The wheels are made by HRE to this company's specs.

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Suggestions for 18" & 20" rims?