Ford GT Mk. II revealed at Goodwood Festival of Speed

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I'm getting chassis #2 🥳 ETA December 2019 - fingers crossed that it arrives in time for the Buttonwillow Time Trials!

Congratulations! What an absolute beauty.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm getting chassis #2 🥳 ETA December 2019 - fingers crossed that it arrives in time for the Buttonwillow Time Trials!

Congratulations! Please share what you know about the ordering process. Options? Colors?

treynor

GT Owner
Dec 1, 2011
Congratulations! Please share what you know about the ordering process. Options? Colors?

Absolutely!

Colors are bespoke - each one's going to be painted individually, so anything a paint shop can do is fair game. Given the nature of the car I have a tribute livery in mind, and we're just seeking Ford's permission to use it. I really like the Multimatic logo on the show car, and I'll find a way to incorporate it on the car.

Options are just a few: passenger seat, air jacks, a driver cooling system (cool suit + fresh air is my usual go-to).

Finally, the ordering process started a year ago when Multimatic contacted me to gauge my interest in a derestricted GTLM version of the Ford GT. I believe my exact words were "oh HELL yes" :) I was asked (and did) to stay mum on the topic for a full year until the unveil at Goodwood. Then it was the usual for a low-volume project: paperwork, deposit, build schedule, a couple decision milestones, and a delivery estimate.

Amazing to think in just a few more months this beast will be tearing around the local tracks.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Absolutely!

Colors are bespoke - each one's going to be painted individually, so anything a paint shop can do is fair game. Given the nature of the car I have a tribute livery in mind, and we're just seeking Ford's permission to use it. I really like the Multimatic logo on the show car, and I'll find a way to incorporate it on the car.

Options are just a few: passenger seat, air jacks, a driver cooling system (cool suit + fresh air is my usual go-to).

Finally, the ordering process started a year ago when Multimatic contacted me to gauge my interest in a derestricted GTLM version of the Ford GT. I believe my exact words were "oh HELL yes" :) I was asked (and did) to stay mum on the topic for a full year until the unveil at Goodwood. Then it was the usual for a low-volume project: paperwork, deposit, build schedule, a couple decision milestones, and a delivery estimate.

Amazing to think in just a few more months this beast will be tearing around the local tracks.

Thank you. I’m looking forward to your impressions of it.

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
Glad to see this car going into production.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats Treynor! I'm excited to see the photos & the color/scheme you choose!

Ed

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Are you thinking of using the same livery as your Boss and GT4?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I was fortunate enough to hear the Mk2 this weekend. It sounds wicked! Even as good as it sounds in the video, it’s even better in person! I’ll be putting the Heffner pipes on for sure.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Another sound clip of the Heffner Exhuast on Mystic Chrome(16.29). Aural amazement....

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It’s interesting to still hear the difference between the two. I’m guessing the rest is in the turbos and tuning. So will the next model year of GT’s sound like the MK2s?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
It’s interesting to still hear the difference between the two. I’m guessing the rest is in the turbos and tuning. So will the next model year of GT’s sound like the MK2s?

I would suspect the MKII has no cats?

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I would suspect the MKII has not cats?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats. That is simply awesome.

Vince H

JChoice

GT Owner
May 11, 2019
Another sound clip of the Heffner Exhuast on Mystic Chrome(16.29). Aural amazement....

The Heffner exhaust is louder than that- still breaking it in so I was pretty easy on the throttle- it has a higher pitched tone- at least from inside the cabin. The Akraprovic was deeper in tone and a bit more muted in hearing them back to back (Shmee's/Tim's car was parked next to mine). I drove the car back to LA- 400 miles and the exhaust is right on the edge of loud for regular driving but we were fine for the 400 mile drive- including my fiance taking a nap. I don't know what stock sounds like so I can't compare.

Reactions: Special K