Ford GT CP-1 on BAT

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
WOW, never thought we'd see this for sale again...

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
WOW, never thought we'd see this for sale again...

I would love to own it but it's the wrong time right now and I don't want to sell any of the 6 I have right now.

Reactions: Joe Dozzo

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The pix of assembly and the binder pages are super cool to look at

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I would love to own it but it's the wrong time right now and I don't want to sell any of the 6 I have right now.
Lucky number 7?

QSS

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Lucky number 7?

QSS

I'm out of money and not enough time to get a property ready to borrow against it LOL Oh well. Would love to own it but wrong timing.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Good candidate for the Ford museum. IMHO

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
All I want is the prototype zip-ties holding the front splitter on. Rich Brooks or Camilo chime in if you have a set of prototype zip-ties hidden away somewhere in a storage unit.

Reactions: Iconic GT
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I'm out of money and not enough time to get a property ready to borrow against it LOL Oh well. Would love to own it but wrong timing.
I hear ya brotha. They might be first world problems...... but they're still problems. :ROFLMAO:

QSS

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
WOW 500K not a bad price for the proto type...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Doesn't look like it met reserve.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Although I think it would be very cool to own. And the binder with the build of it would be neat, the fact that you can’t drive it would kill me!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You can drive it just not legally on the public roads. Legally on a racetrack after reflashing the ECU.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

Don´t you think the BAT auctions was just to test if someone was willing to go crazy? I´m afraid that BAT also has been infected with the "shill bidding" disease as most other auction formats.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And dont forget, BaT commissions are capped at $5k (5% up to $5k), so the risk of a shill bid is much less than a buyer premium of 10%, on an expensive car.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
And dont forget, BaT commissions are capped at $5k (5% up to $5k), so the risk of a shill bid is much less than a buyer premium of 10%, on an expensive car.
Wouldn't a shill bid be far more prevalent on BAT as opposed to something like Barrett Jackson? The risk ($5k) is far less then, say, a 10% commission on a no reserve Barrett Jackson car. Just think, when there's a live event in Scottsdale and you've got a guy standing there with his hot wife or girlfriend, you gotta think the professional shills see that and figures "we got a live one here" an up goes the price. On BAT you have no idea who is behind the bidding and no visual clues to give direction for the shill.

It's a completely different story at the auctions that place reserves on their cars (Mecum, Bonhams, Gooding & co, ect). At those auctions, I guarantee that there is a ton of shill bidding going on. Hell, it even says in the contract of the auction house they have the right to bid the car up to the reserve price. I wouldn't be surprise if a good % of cars are shill bid up to the reserve.

QSS

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
On BAT, as long as reserve not met, no fee to BAT .... so no expense. It is also in BATs interest to feature super interesting, super expensive cars these days. Completely different than what they came from.

My last purchase on BAT I was not nearly high bidder .... but ended being offered the car ahead of 3 or 4 others bidders who apparently dopped out after the auction, at my own high bid which was quite a bit lower than high bid.

Did I get played or did I just get lucky? 😂 :cool: :oops:

Reactions: Roadtrip and BAT

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

😂😂. Drinks on you at the Rally!

Reactions: shesgotlegs
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
On BAT, as long as reserve not met, no fee to BAT .... so no expense. It is also in BATs interest to feature super interesting, super expensive cars these days. Completely different than what they came from.

My last purchase on BAT I was not nearly high bidder .... but ended being offered the car ahead of 3 or 4 others bidders who apparently dopped out after the auction, at my own high bid which was quite a bit lower than high bid.

Sounds like there were a few shill bidders on your auction who were trying to drive the price. Good for you that you stuck to your guns.

QSS

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Look at the bid pattern at the end of CP-1 auction, by a "person" that has been a bidder since November 2020, with zero activity until this auction. Very unique. I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

To quote a different auction house "the bid goes on"......

Reactions: Copenhagen GT