Ford GT CAD DATA

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Does anyone here have access to the original Ford GT CAD Data? I was thinking of making a 1/4 scale model of one on our Rapid Prototyping equipment. Of course I would sign any NDA's, if it were available.

Thanks,

Mike

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Does anyone here have access to the original Ford GT CAD Data? I was thinking of making a 1/4 scale model of one on our Rapid Prototyping equipment. Of course I would sign any NDA's, if it were available.

Thanks,

Mike

MAYBE POST THIS IN TECH AS WELL

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I really doubt that Ford will let you get your hands on this - NDA or not. I do know that the Ford GT was the first car that Ford completed with CATIA which is their new PLM system moving forward.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I really doubt that Ford will let you get your hands on this - NDA or not. I do know that the Ford GT was the first car that Ford completed with CATIA which is their new PLM system moving forward.

You may be correct, but it never hurts to ask.

I wouldn't really be trying to get the full database either, just the exterior shape and maybe a dummy engine shell.

I would think that the average Diecast & Model Car makers would work directly with Ford (as well as other mfgs) when they produce their licensed Diecast & Plastic Models.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Thanks,

Mike

What type of RP equipment and process are you using?

Depending on to what extent you are wanting to go in building your 1/4 scale model of the Ford GT, you may want to talk to Saleen.

I believe that the model they sell as a coffee table is at 1/4 scale.

I have ordered one WITHOUT the glass or holes for just such an endevor.

The detail is not exect, but close enough for my needs.

Just an idea to help you out.

I agree that getting this data from FORD WILL NOT HAPPEN.

We use the CATIA CAD System also as one of our many types of CAD systems for different applications, and I can say it is both very powerful and very nice to work with [although expensive].

Fred

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Fred, think you can design a 1/4 scale model of Bony for lewd purposes?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
What type of RP equipment and process are you using?

Depending on to what extent you are wanting to go in building your 1/4 scale model of the Ford GT, you may want to talk to Saleen.

I believe that the model they sell as a coffee table is at 1/4 scale.

I have ordered one WITHOUT the glass or holes for just such an endevor.

The detail is not exect, but close enough for my needs.

Just an idea to help you out.

I agree that getting this data from FORD WILL NOT HAPPEN.

We use the CATIA CAD System also as one of our many types of CAD systems for different applications, and I can say it is both very powerful and very nice to work with [although expensive].

Fred

We have quite a few large frame FDM Machines (ABS & Polycarbonate) as well Polyjet. Internally we use Magics and Solidworks for our CAD conversion.

I actually considered what your doing; Buying the one from saleen and then scanning it, but it would be nice if I could produce it direct from original data.

I have a buddy that makes actual 1/4 scale gas powered engines that look like the real deal. How cool would it be to have a RC version of our cars with a real scale blown V8.

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
I have heard that SEMA members can get cad data from the manufacturers since they need it to be able to make parts for the cars.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bony Model

Hey Fred, think you can design a 1/4 scale model of Bony for lewd purposes?

Dr. Frank,

Sorry, I’m not into 1/4 scale people, nor lewdness. :thumbsdow

But I can tell you that we are working with the world’s largest manufacturer of life sized anatomically correct dummies. This company which is based out of Norway, produces [yes, you guessed it, your favorite] body parts. They are used for all types of applications; including training, educational, and practice simulations in medical and academia environments. A finished “body” is kind of pricey, selling for more than 1/2 what I paid for my fully loaded Heritage GT.:eek

Being that Bony is LARGER than life, I would think the cost to reproduce him would be equal to the cost of a new GT, or even possibly more.:willy

Bony, I think you’re safe, I don’t think Dr. Frank will spend the price of a GT to reproduce you [not to say you’re not worth it, just that Dr. Frank won’t pay that type of ransom]. :bs

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I am very familiar with these anatomic pieces. My favorite is the full face with open mouth to practice mouth-to-mouth.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am very familiar with these anatomic pieces. My favorite is the full face with open mouth to practice mouth-to-mouth.

I think the good doctor has just outed himself. I will have to post a guard outside my hotel room at the rally...

oh NO!
:eek :eek :eek :eek :willy :willy :willy :eek :eek :eek

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I am very familiar with these anatomic pieces. My favorite is the full face with open mouth to practice mouth-to-mouth.[/QUOTE]

That's your story and your sticking to it.