Ford GT Billet parts now available again. End of the year special on Top & side vents

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Oh they're cooked alright, here's mine:

View attachment 53452

You may have a bolt under the clam shell missing mine looked the same and that was the issue. Not sure of part #

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Paypal sent, please send the top vents to Rich at the GT Guys, for painting and smoothing, and the side vents to me. I messaged and emailed the address to you. Looking forward to spring, so I can enjoy them!!!

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
John's top and side vents are beautiful. Mine have been on for 9 years. I love them and they look great. I highly recommend these quality must have top and side vents.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
You may have a bolt under the clam shell missing mine looked the same and that was the issue. Not sure of part #

Hmmm... Good point and thank you. All screws are there. However, and upon checking screws torque (both sides) the culprit screw was loose and barely holding to the threads, and refuses to hold tight :rofl, Any recommendation on securing it?

Passenger side.jpg

Holding crew Passenger side rear window vent.jpg

Reactions: 05MKIIGT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Fit was perfect and installation is fun and painless. Enjoying my set. My OEM sets held up fairly well, but these are a pleasure to own and look at. Definitely a worthwhile swap.

Reactions: 93extxdps

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I hand polished my set and then used a clear sealer over them. For the most part, my '06 Ford GT has modifications, but generally a stock appearance. But I couldn't resist the shiny look in this area.

Personally, I'm really happy with how it came out, and have had them for at least a few years.

Attachments

• GT Parts-3272.jpg
    GT Parts-3272.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 101

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
All orders have been filled............anyone else??

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Thinking about ordering a set for my newly acquired 2005 GT. Has anyone done a set of top vents blue painted to match the stripe? I am trying to decide between painting them to match or simply powdering coating them black. I definitely want the side vents in black. Trying to think about which I might like best for the top vents.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The previous owner added them and had them painted stripe color, looks great.IMG_0079 small.jpg

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
I had Rich the GT Guy do mine in blue. Perfect match. My old ones came out in pieces with only 1500 miles on them. Love the billet ones. Rick

Reactions: Cadster

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
The previous owner added them and had them painted stripe color, looks great.View attachment 59741

Wow! That looks great. That’s probably the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I had Rich the GT Guy do mine in blue. Perfect match. My old ones came out in pieces with only 1500 miles on them. Love the billet ones. Rick

I’ll reach out to Rich and gather information. Thanks.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mine are painted body color (no stripes), and they disappear (black car)

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I left mine alone, and I like the machine look. I figured I would use them this way until I wanted a change, so far I have not! The first picture was the factory ones.

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    989 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: extrap and steved57

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Prior owner must have changed them. From the factory they would be the stripe color.

The first picture was the factory ones.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I had my metal replacementsFGT Vents Nickel 1.jpg nickel plated years ago.

Reactions: JWZ

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Prior owner must have changed them. From the factory they would be the stripe color.
Yes, you are right, I assume he painted them to match the other vents, to which, them being all the same looked great, and that will be what I do when I want the change. They look great that way!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Installed mine several years ago. Left them machined aluminum since I like the "machine tooling look". Works well on my dark (midnight blue) color. I did add 3 coats of automotive clearcoat before I installed them.
Clearcoat will prevent the aluminum oxidation.
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: Cadster

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Rich did mine recently and painted them to match the stripes. They came out flawless. IMO the stock look is the best option.

Reactions: RPM217 and Cadster

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I just punched an order for both the side and top vents. I connected with Rich Brooks about having them painted to match. So once I receive them, I will send the top vents his way for that procedure. I’ll update everyone when it’s all done.