Ford GT back up camera install and photos

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Shadowman's light was connected to the door to operate normally plus it had a manual on-off switch. I think it was sourced from a Lincoln. There is a thread with pictures on the forum.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And does it use wired connection or wireless? model and source? Having the courtesy/map lights functional would be a real plus.

Wired connection. Parts list, numbers, sources all listed above in thread post #16. Several options for map lights.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
One of the BEST investments I made... I purchased one that came with a mirror that slips over original mirror. No need to remove original... the camera clipped,on to the top of the license plate bracket...

Which system did you use Iconic?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My new company Ford Transit 250 Van has a nice factory system. Just a portion of the mirror is dedicated to the back up video feed. Clean image too.

That might be a nice option, finished the install on my '06 Ford GT, before picking up the Transit Van.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 65

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020
One of the BEST investments I made... I purchased one that came with a mirror that slips over original mirror. No need to remove original... the camera clipped,on to the top of the license plate bracket...

You will love it and wonder why it wasn’t done sooner.

Enjoy!

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020
What brand was the camera? Thanks

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I have one on the front as well, Great for parking, just flip athe switch from front to rear same screen differnt view. Was a bit of mucking around to run the wiring,but worth it.

Reactions: Brombear

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I thought this was cool. Wireless back camera displays to your phone. Cheaper and probably easier to install too.

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020

DC9 Pilot

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 7, 2020

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
There already exists bluetooth backup camera license plate frames that send video to your phone (which is what I'd want since I'll probably never daily drive the car) ... except I wouldn't want to rely on AA battery power, but also don't want to hack into OEM wiring. Might bite the bullet and run a power wire at some point.

Another task for Rich B ... what I don't see him do won't hurt me 🙈

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Get power from license plate light. Huge heat generated there in the back.