Ford GT and Ferrari 458 playmates

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What is the procedure to engage launch control on a 458?

Actuallly havent tried it. I would have to dig out the owners manual, which is against my religion.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Actuallly havent tried it. I would have to dig out the owners manual, which is against my religion.

Cars should not need a "user's manual". You shouldn't have to read a book to drive a car. Computers too.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
True. but the days of hammers and screwdrivers to fix engines are long gone. I had to read the user manual to figger out how to use this idiotically designed clock function on the Mac radio...talk about stupid design.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I had to read the user manual to figger out how to use this idiotically designed clock function on the Mac radio...talk about stupid design.

And, believe me, you'll forget the procedure when it comes time to go back to Standard Time, and you'll have to get the manual out again....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I made a photocopy so I don't have to have the manual in the car to set the clock.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I made a photocopy so I don't have to have the manual in the car to set the clock.

I took out the Mac so I don't need to know.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Cars should not need a "user's manual". You shouldn't have to read a book to drive a car. Computers too.

...not to mention DVRs...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Honestly, I don't think it needs it. If I get the chance to make it out to the drag strip with the 458, I'm just going to let the computer do it's thing. Hopefully the clutches don't act weird.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
...not to mention DVRs...

Are you still using one of those? How about using a turntable and cassette for music, or are you still using a gramophone?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Just curious, 'ICE, does your daily driver have/do you use a 'remote start' in the morning? :skep

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
True. but the days of hammers and screwdrivers to fix engines are long gone. I had to read the user manual to figger out how to use this idiotically designed clock function on the Mac radio...talk about stupid design.

The Mac has a clock? I'm not impressed with the Mac. Heck it doesn't even have scan mode. I have to twist that little know 1000 times to switch from a station at the low end to the high end. If it was a cell phone the cops would stop me for distracted driving.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
The Mac has a clock? I'm not impressed with the Mac. Heck it doesn't even have scan mode. I have to twist that little know 1000 times to switch from a station at the low end to the high end. If it was a cell phone the cops would stop me for distracted driving.

Love the sound though

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
'Just curious, 'ICE, does your daily driver have/do you use a 'remote start' in the morning? :skep

None of my cars have a remote start, not needed in NorCal.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Love the sound though

+2 They are pretty awesome where it counts.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Mac does have a scan mode. Better read your manual.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The Mac does have a scan mode. Better read your manual.

Interesting - I'd better go back and read it again. All I could ever find was a "seek" mode, not a "scan"....

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Two ridiculously badass looking cars.

Indeed
CRAZY!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'll just throw this out there.

I'm not sure what the story was on that Mustang. It had a beefy set of MT on the rear and, unlike the other cars that night, I was not reeling it in on the top end.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dude, no launch control??? WTF?

So did you buy this yellow beast or just find a dealer with the ultimate test drive policy That trans is ridiculous.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I got a buddy who won the lottery. He bought a Scud, 458, GTR, Super G, Trofeo and a GT3rs... all in the last 6 months. I don't think he has sold any of them and he couldn't care less about miles... he invited me to take any of them, whenever I wanted. It's a hard offer to turn down. When he gave me the green light on the a drag strip, wtf could I do? He told me I could use launch control (if I could figure it out) but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm sure it would have been fine but he already bought a clutch for this car and I didn't want to have to buy him a 3rd clutch. The Super G sux... but I may try to get the Trofeo out to the drag strip next week. 8D

I feel kinda bad but not bad enough to turn down the offer.

Last edited: