For Sale: 2006 Ford GT

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
DSC_0170_zps9af7c90c.jpg

Okay Gents, I'm going to avoid making this sappy. I am not going anywhere, and I am only TEMPORARILY taking leave of GT ownership.

I am on an idiotic quest to acquire a Mclaren P1. A necessary part of that quest is to liquidate a portion of my modest collection. (The Carrera GT is already for sale at Mclaren Newport Beach as I write this). This also includes my 2006 GT.

Details: Red/White, three option car; Stripes, Red Calipers, BBS Wheels. You all know that I am the original owner, and that I bought it new in 2006 with less than 20 miles on it. It now has about 16,000. These miles have been put on the car over the past 8 years at a pretty uniform rate, so the car has never been allowed to sit unused for long periods of time. All gauges are original to the car and are fully functional. You can search my user name and learn everything you ever wanted to know about my car, including the fact that the car went 210 at the Mojave magnum (rolling start) without breaking a sweat.

Here is the stuff you really need to know: This is a no excuse car with a known history. No accidents, all body panels original. Paint looks brand new and smooth as glass. The only mechanics to touch the car are the GT Guys who did the axle bolts, and Whipple in Fresno, who did the supercharger when the car was virtually new. i change the oil myself because I don't trust anyone else to lift the car. (I have a four post). Has short shift and x pipe. All original parts (including supercharger and boat anchor muffler) have been preserved and come with the car. I have meticulously maintained the car, kept it fully detailed at all times, and I think it has been wet once in the past 8 years. Of course, it has always been garaged. Brand new Bridgestone tires, and I mean zero miles (put them on yesterday). The take offs have plenty of life left and would make ideal track tires. Clear bra from A pillars forward. Seats look new, driver side bolster in immaculate shape. The car has NEVER overheated, or come even close to overheating. Tons of extras, including extra set of six spoke factory wheels (powder coated gunmetal) with silver center caps, racing harness, fire extinguisher, etched lug nuts, and all original stuff like car cover, window sticker, manuals, two sets of keys, build tags, hang tags, window decals from Wixom, I even have a copy of the original MSO, front and back, showing that I took title from the originating dealer. Still smells, looks and drives like a new car. PP1 by a Ford GT expert of your choice is both encouraged and welcome. The only real pick against the car is a rock chip in the windshield. It is not directly in the line of sight, but its there.

We will be listing the car on EBAY next week, but I wanted to put it here first; I would much prefer that a GT aficionado buy it, so I can keep track of it and share the joy of the car with its new owner. I am traveling for the next several weeks (including a trip to Mclaren in England), and I have asked my best car bud Joe to handle the sale. Joe is a car guy, not a dealer, and he has known the car (and all my other cars) from new. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of this particular car, and is the only person other than myself to have driven the car. (Joe is always the other driver when I do my back to back comparisons of the GT). This is a private party sale, which in some states means that sales tax does not apply.

You can reach Joe by either emailing him at AUTOMANJOE@GMAIL.COM or calling 801-341-9089. Price: $220, which includes all extra parts listed above. You can bet that I will ask more for it when it goes live on EBAY. Please don't PM me, as I may be unable to respond for long periods during the next few weeks. Thanks for looking and I'll keep you all posted on my P1 adventure. FWIW, I plan to eventually rejoin the GT community with a Heritage edition :willy

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Wow.

Good luck, but a big part of me is screaming "don't do it!" If you want a P1 that badly, I'm sure you can do it without liquidating stock. At least keep the FGT and the Carrera GT. But, what a great opportunity for a potential GT buyer- if I didn't already have a red one, I would buy it myself.

Curious- what is the asking price for the CGT?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow... Glws and quest to scratch the p1 itch. Been fun to read the process.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Shelby in 3...2....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Dang...I already have red. :/

Unlike Thurber's W. Mitty, your vivid fantasy life is reality. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Good luck with the McLaren - If this car wasnt red I would be all over it but I already have a red one

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I envy your quest. It's quite a thrill, and I'm glad you take us along on the ride. GLWS, and good luck on the P1. Here's to all your automotive dreams coming true (heritage eventually also).

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Best of luck.
Men were meant to be explorers!
Mark

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I wonder if you park them side by side how many people would be looking at the P1 and how many at the GT. After owning a Ferrari and then a FGT there is much more talk when you park the GT. Almost to the point where you don't want to talk anymore about it. LOL Anyway good luck with the sale and the new car. My Whipple Black GT has over 20k miles now and I was wondering how miles affected the price. IF you Get 220 then I guess not much.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I am very jealous.. Are you just on the list or were you able to get a confirmed build??

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
The car is $200k. The history of the car is $20k.
Just kidding, Mr W. haha, fair price indeed with all the parts and maintenance.
GLWS and happy trails w/P1. A dream come true.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Good luck with the P1. Enjoy the hunt...

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Well....now that W. Mitty has decided to move on - makes me wonder how many original GT owners are left.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well....now that W. Mitty has decided to move on - makes me wonder how many original GT owners are left.

Start a thread and ask!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Start a thread and ask!

Curious about that too

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Good luck with the sale Mitty! Looks like a great car. I am sure it will sell quickly!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Guys,

Sold.

Lots of interest, BTW.

I ain't goin nowhere, and thanks for the kind words.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
WOW, what a lengthy, arduous sales process. I guess it pays to be a well-known, honest-as-the-day-is-long, and much respected member of this community. Hmmmm, maybe either that or they've had the very fortunate opportunity to meet your wife and they just feel so damn sorry for her being married to an "addict".

Good things happen to good people. Congrats on the sale and the pursuit of the P1!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congrats and cant wait to see the P1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005