Florida area folks

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Almost 3 weeks ago I bought a '57 T-bird from a classic car dealership in Clearwater, FL, and I am having a heck of a time getting the car delivered to me in South Dakota. I haven't been too impressed with the dealership so far (absolutely NO sense of urgency). I bought it from PJs Auto World and let me tell you, it's not exactly like buying a car from Shelby at Elite, or even from RK Motors in Charlotte. Anyway, do any of you from that area have a contact for a potential transport (company or individual) that you've had good luck with? PJs is telling me that (after having the car still three weeks later after I paid for it) that their usual transport options are still telling them that they can't even pick up the car for 2 to 3 weeks. I am getting frustrated.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I hope you had a PPI done

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Contact Keith @ Exotic car transport near Orlando. Although, this is "snow bird" season, for shipping their cars back up north.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I hope you had a PPI done

No, I didn't, for a couple of reasons. I actually inspected the car in person when I was in Florida recently. I know what it is, and what it is not, and we reached an agreement on price that I was quite comfortable with, for what the car is- a decent "driver". We are not talking about a real high-dollar car here. Still, my wife is anxious to get her new summer "fun car".

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Contact Keith @ Exotic car transport near Orlando. Although, this is "snow bird" season, for shipping their cars back up north.

I will give him a call. Thank you for the suggestion.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You could also call Brett at Premier Auto Carriers, at (805) 480-3701. The GT Guys recommended them to me and they were very accommodating.

http://www.premierautocarriers.com/

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I will be glad to help. Text me the info, 8709318004

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I will give him a call. Thank you for the suggestion.
I have used these guys at Exotic, out of Orlando area, many times happily. If Shelby cant help you, would try them

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Thank you, everybody- I appreciate the leads. I will follow up on them. Shelby, if I strike out with the other suggestions, I will be in touch. I appreciate the offer, but will try the others first, since it sounds like you have some exciting other things going on in your life right now (congrats)!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida

They shipped my cars too. Great company