Floor Jack Adapter w/plans!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Floor Jack Adapter, ready for delivery, UPDATED proper lifting points!

After watching the guy at my tire store struggle with my wheel change last week, I decided to design an adapter for my floor jack so I can properly lift my car, one wheel at a time. What's nice is that it pops right into the proper jack location point and does NOT leave a scratch!

This is much safer that throwing some rags on top of the jack, which could allow things to slide around. This locks the jack into the hole in the car's chassis and also allows for much better visability!

UPDATED on 2-26-06: I have included an (gamma altered for clarity purposes) image of the rear view of the car so that you can locate the rear lifting point. It's very far in and I think that is why most persons do damage when attempting to lift the car.

Also, note that the entire backend of the car is off the ground! This chassis is very stiff! Be sure to put chocks at all other wheels for safety's sake. I don't want to read about any tragic stories when it comes to lifting your GT.

UPDATED on 3-2-06: The jack adapter pads are ready for delivery! All versions 1, 2 and 4 piece kits come complete with a carrying case and laminated card to illustrate proper lifting points.
Please checkout my new web site at www.gtsaver.com.

Bookmark this site because I have more products to come.

Jay

4-Pack1.jpg

Floor%20jack%20adapter1.jpg

Floor%20jack%20adapter%20in%20use.jpg

Lifting%20Points%20updated%20with%20dim%20small.gif

This car has one stiff chassis!
Floor%20jack%20adapter%20in%20use%20rear%20view.jpg

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
nice, Jay, I'll buy a couple...how much?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I send it out for quotation

LEMANSZ said:
nice, Jay, I'll buy a couple...how much?

Let's see how many pieces we can make at once, since quantity greatly impacts the price.

I think that everyone should carry one in their car just in case they need to do a tire repair at an inexperienced shop. I had one of my cars messed up years ago, because the guy put the floor jack in the wrong place. He bent the hell out of the belly pan. So now I watch these guys like a hawk...

BTW, do we have a GT owner on our forum that owns a machine shop???? We're not looking for a freebie, just a reasonable price. This would be of great help as I have more things to come.

Jay

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jack adapter

I'll take a couple.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Sign me up too!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Jay, I bought a low entry jack last week (which I've yet to try) so I would definitely buy one of these from you...

Thanks

Neil

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Neilda said:
Jay, I bought a low entry jack last week (which I've yet to try) so I would definitely buy one of these from you...

Thanks

Neil

Neil,

When you have time, could you measure the inside diameter of your swivel plate on your jack? I just want to see how close we are compared to the dimensions of the present design. Also, what brand is your jack? I may want to purchase one since I have several very low riding cars, and I am getting tired of having to block them up all of time.

Many thanks,

Jay

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I would be interested

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I would take a couple...maybe just do 4 and call it a set.

Matt

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Guess I'll take some, maybe 4 depending on the cost.

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
lifting pucks

I'm interested in the adaptors.The one thing that I think should change is the 1/4" step from the largest diameter to the lift pad diameter.I think a little more clearance would be better.I'd like to see 3/8" to 1/2".That should keep the pads from ever contacting the belly pans.I'll be interested in two of them.
Guy

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Jay - I will take a pair of these.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
I'm interested.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Jay, my jack is a Sealey 3 Ton Low Entry Trolley Jack - model 3001LE.

I don't have that measurement for you just yet, but here's a picture...

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 611

BLS

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2006
Winter Park, Florida
I will also take 4... if you make them.

B

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Floor Jack...

Count me in for 4, and thank you for you ingenuity and resourcefulness.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Good input!

guywwagner said:
I'm interested in the adaptors.The one thing that I think should change is the 1/4" step from the largest diameter to the lift pad diameter.I think a little more clearance would be better.I'd like to see 3/8" to 1/2".That should keep the pads from ever contacting the belly pans.I'll be interested in two of them.
Guy

Hello Guy,

Actually the original design was that way. I "thinned" it in order to keep the profile as low as possible. I will increase the production design to about 3/8".

One other note, I had to update the design several times due to the much tighter area at the front hole positions.

Thanks for your input!

Jay

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Neilda said:

The lifting pad looks almost indentical to mine!. Later on today, I will post some images with dimensions of my (at least 10 year old) jack to see how common things area.

Thanks, Jay

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
adaptors

Hi Jay,
That sounds good.So good that I'll take 4,that way I can use them to lift the car on my inground 2 post lift.
Thanks, Guy

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Neilda said:

Neilda, your jack looks very "happy" that it gets to lift a Ford GT.

Also, I would like 2 as well! Thanks