First to reverse?

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Anyone else do this? Pull for second but when you let out the clutch, it feels like neutral. If so, you are probably hitting reverse. Luckily the tranny freewheels instead of grenading. I did it a couple times today at the track. Even being deliberate, I still managed to pull it into reverse.

Needless to say, I'm both embarrassed and pissed. If anyone has any second gear pearls of wisdom, please share.

On the flip side, this car launches like crazy. Every time I get more aggressive on launch, it goes quicker. 2.09 sixty, then 1.82, 1.77 and 1.73. I bet it will run consistent mid 1.6's on stock tires. Now if I could only get it in second.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Huh? How do you do that?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Chad, where did you come up with those times? :wink

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Ok, clarification. Not really reverse as it is UP and to the left but definitely going into that reverse left-hand zone, only it is going down and to the left.

No idea how I am getting in there as I have to try VERY hard to get it in that left-hand quadrant when I want to actually reverse.

I made A LOT of 1-2 shifts last night and think I have it. Pathetic, I know.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
I have never had that problem on the street or the drag strip.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Reverse is a bit tough, I just can't imagine how hard your pulling down and to the left.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
It is not going over there like I originally thought. It is going down where second should be but on a quick shift, it just does not engage. It just freewheels like it is in neutral.

I had a friend drive the car and had the same result. We believe that the cables need adjusting. I'll let you know how this frustrating predicament is solved.

Regular shifts and even medium quick shifts work fine but pull it fast and it just does not engage.

Last edited:

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I've missed 2nd a few times, nice metal on metal yelp. Usually it's when I try to shift fast. Figured it was me since I'm no expert. But I usually have no trouble at all.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
SuperB,

What a great photo -- nice rig, nice casa, nice lawn, nice life!!!!!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
CHAD said:
It is not going over there like I originally thought. It is going down where second should be but on a quick shift, it just does not engage. It just freewheels like it is in neutral.

I had a friend drive the car and had the same result. We believe that the cables need adjusting. I'll let you know how this frustrating predicament is solved.

Regular shifts and even medium quick shifts work fine but pull it fast and it just does not engage.
I had the same issue on one of my ferraris. you need it adjusted. clutch issue i believe !

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Whats neat about the murcielago is that when you pull on the shifter that hard, it'll actually break and come off in your hand!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Thanks JDK, we actually removed those balls on top of the column and installed 7' Griffins, looks really cool now. Gotta take new pictures.

The Grass looks nice because we spend a fortune on it :biggrin
Sure is nice for picture though!